Chapter 13

Chapter 13

His lips were soft and gentle. They worked in sync with mine. I’m not sure at what point it happened, but I quickly found my hands running through his hair and pulling him closer. I shocked myself by how much I was enjoying the kiss.

I had never really pictured myself kissing Kieran. Or anyone that wasn’t my mate for that matter. But here, and now, it just felt right. I couldn’t even begin to explain the emotions that were running through me.

The moment was broken, sooner than I liked, when Kieran chuckled and pulled away from me. He gently trailed his hands up my arms that lead to his hair where my hands were entangled in it. He brought them down and held them in his.

My mind was reeling from our unexpected moment of passion and I was trying my best to make sense of it. I’m not sure what had overcome me, but it scared me more than I’d like to admit. I’ve never given in to someone so easily.

“Believe me; as much as I’d love to stay and see where this goes, you need to get ready. Clint will be here soon with his pack.”

I blushed. Of course he would. I had almost completely forgotten about him and his mate coming tonight. It wasn’t fair of me to keep him when he still had so much to do.

“Your right, I wasn’t even thinking,” I said trying to avoid looking at him directly. If I saw his messed up hair and swollen lips, I would certainly blush even deeper than I already was.

I stood from the couch and striated myself out while peering into the bathroom behind him to avoid his eyes. “Well…I uh…I guess I should go get cleaned up then.”

“Yeah, I guess I should go make sure the holding cell is ready for the rogue Clint is bringing with him,” he replied.

That immediately caught my interest and I was forced to look at him now. “He’s bringing a rogue? You didn’t tell me that.”

“I didn’t find out until after you left. Clint phoned me and asked if I wanted to question and hold the prisoner for him.”

“Why doesn’t he just handle the situation himself? His pack is ranked number one in the US isn’t it?”

I found it strange that another Alpha wouldn’t handle his own problems. It didn’t make since for them to pass it on to someone else.

Kieran shifted uncomfortably at my question and flexed his hands into a balled up fist.

“Because he is one of the rogues from Axel’s pack. He was one of the one’s that helped him murder my parents. It’s a courtesy thing. Clint knows what I’ve been through and thought I’d want to be the one to deal with him.”

I didn’t know what all “dealing with him” entailed, but I’m sure it wouldn’t be good for the guy.

Kieran’s face had hardened some. I could hear the barely contained anger in his words. He was still very much affected by his parent’s death. Looking at him, I could see the boy that was still hurting from the loss. He just wanted justice.

I nodded in understanding. “Oh. That’s nice of him to do.”

“Clint was friends with my parents, so he knows the anger I’ve held over this. Even though he was considerably younger than them, they were still close. He’s been a great mentor to me. When I was lost and didn’t know how to run a pack, he helped me and showed me the ropes. He couldn’t have been kinder. I owe him a lot for that.”

 “How old is Alpha Clint?” I asked curiously.

“Thirty-four. He’s between mine and my parent’s age.”