Chapter 2

My body hit the floor and the breath was knocked out of my body. I was stunned for an instant and then I kicked into defense mode. I looked around quickly, and then thrashed around wildly. I expect to hear groaning of some kind but instead I heard cursing and then the grip on my ankle tightened. Then I realized I had been making no noise at all, how stupid of me. I opened my mouth to let out a scream and then all of a sudden a hand clasped over my mouth and a body was over me. My eyes widened in panic and then we rolled under the car. 

"Don't make any sudden movements or noise, the others have the people you came with under the other cars. Keep calm, we are only trying to help." a woman whispered into my ear. I relaxed slightly once I realized she was human but then my body tensed us when I heard the sound of multiple zombie footsteps and groans, coming this way. I saw a pair of feet, and then it was joined by more and more as they moves slowly past the cars. I made a little noise in my throat and then the woman's grip on me tightened. After what seemed like an eternity they left. We waited under the car for another 5 minutes and then slowly she released her grip on me.

"We were keeping watch out when we noticed all the zombies coming near. We didn't want to leave you folks vulnerable so we decided to help yall. Don't do that again unless you wanna end up dead, you heard?" she said and then smiled afterwards kindly. She had a slight accent and I noticed her face was freckled. She had a kind smile and her hair was a carroty orange color. I looked around for the others and then spotted them dusting themselves off. Robert had a pissed off expression on his face and on his other side was a man watching him intently with amusement in his eyes. His hair was a rich brown color and his eyes were a sparkling green. He had high cheekbones and the smirk on his face seemed to be plastered onto it. One look at him and I knew he was bad news. He had that look that said he marched to the beat of his own drum. My brothers and Rick actually seemed grateful to the other people who had saved their lives. Stephen was having a light conversation with a girl that didn't look much older than me. I knew that look, Stephen was getting his flirt on. I chuckled to myself and then turned back to the woman.

"Thank you so much, for helping us." I managed to mumble.

"No problem sweetie. Just be more careful around these parts. We choose to stay not so far from here, about 5 miles away, deep into the woods. Not much dead fuckers get there." she laughed.

I realized I hadn't introduced myself so I put my arm out "Allison." I said.

"Dorothy." she replied and then firmly shook my hand.

"What are yall doing out here anyway? she asked me curiously.

"We were just looking for gas, were on a trip to Vegas and then who knows where from then." I replied sincerely. She seemed harmless, I didn't see why not tell her. Her eyes lit up a bit and then she smiled.

"Could you use some more people on that trip? My people have actually been talking about leaving the area, too much walkers for out likings."

I smiled broadly. This was perfect! The more people we had to help defend the better. I was about to say yes when I realized I should probably talk to the others first.

"I have to talk to my group first though, if you don't mind." I added sheepishly. She nodded and showed her understanding.

I walked over to where the others were and then the guy looked up at me. His smile widened a bit and I rolled my eyes. I didn't want to have to deal with another love sick Romeo.  I walked over to Roberts side and went for his hand, which I rarely did. His eyebrows shot up in surprised but then he smiled happily and squeezed my hand.

"We all need to talk." I whispered into his ear. He nodded and then waved the rest of them over. We huddled into a circle and I told them about Dorothy. Robert looked doubtful and then we all turned to RIck.