Chapter 21

Wyatt's story was still weighing heavy on my mind. I couldn't imagine Wyatt as that scared boy. The one who was scared of the world we were now forced to live in. He seemed so confident and secure in his survivor skills that the thought of him being breakable, it seemed unrealistic. I closed my eyes and breathed in slowly. I was outside of the warehouse and was trying to gain the courage to walk back inside. Killing the zombies had helped relieve some stress but I still had to keep Dianne in mind. There were decisions to be made. Two lives were at stake here. I closed my eyes and put my arms over my head.

Mark stood there with a smirk and he put his hand on my shoulder. 

"You should let them do it," he whispered.

My eyes snapped open and I whirled around. No one was there. He's dead. I shook my head and my eyes teared up. I felt all the blood rush to my head and I grabbed onto my head and shook it. The headache had returned and this time I couldn't deal. I fell to the floor and whimpered. Mark wasn't here! He was dead. I killed him myself. 

I heard laughter and turned around once again. There was no one, I was alone. The world was quiet and the only light noise was all the people in the warehouse moving around. I heard my breathing and I couldn't control it. With trembling arms I pushed my body off of the floor and opened the door to the warehouse. I was met with zombies, everywhere. I pulled out my crossbow and slowly began walking out. They just stood there, watching me. They didn't even react to the fact that there was living flesh nearby. I loaded it up and my breathing was almost frantic now.

Robert came into my field of vision and stood there between me and the zombies. "You okay?" he said worried. I looked at him and then turned to look back into the warehouse. I expected to see a horde of zombies headed in our direction but instead I was met with a different scene. It was full of humans. With my head pounding I nodded slowly, answering his question. 

"I just need some rest," I replied and then walked downstairs to where we had made a set up for my family. No one was there, which struck me as odd, but at the moment I was in no condition to investigate. My mind was playing tricks on me and I didn't like it one bit. I sat down on the floor and then pulled my bag of arrows off of my back. I needed sleep, maybe once I woke up everything would feel better.

I squeezed my eyes shut and ignored the pounding in my skull. 

+++++++++++++++++

"Allison, wake up," he whispered and shook me. My eyes snapped open and I sat up quickly. Andy was sitting a few feet away from me, messing with a pistol. He looked up at me worried. He set the gun down and then got up slowly and came over to my side.

"You okay?" he asked me. 

"Yeah, just dandy," I breathed and then stood up. Andy offered me his hand and I took it.

"Where's everyone?" I asked changing the subject. I was tired of answering questions and it was upsetting me that I was lying this much. i just didn't want my family to freak out and make a big fuss over nothing. 

"They're with Dianne, we're still trying to figure out whats wrong," he replied slowly.

"Where at?" I said and gestured around me. "They weren't here earlier."

"That's because they moved her to another warehouse nearby, just in case."