Nine. (1/2)

Blood. That's all I saw. All over the walls, the carpet and the coffee table.
"Hallie!" I screamed but she couldn't hear me, and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't stop the man. Almost as if I'm invisible. Tears pouring from my eyes as he beat her senseless before taking her away from me.

"Henry?!" She screamed.

"Henry wake up!" I was confused. Wake up? My eyes open to see her completely safe, I hugged onto her unable to stop crying. I didn't know what yo do so I lied there crying onto her chest until I slowly fell asleep again.

"Henry Henry!" I felt Justine jumping where I fell asleep. "Justy calm down!" I groaned covering my eyes with my arm. "Henry.." Her sweet voice coaxed me to open my eyes. "Hey sweetie." she smiled kissing my sticky forehead. Like I had been sweating the night before. "Hallie" I whisper gently, "sorry if I woke you up earlier." I hold her body against mine as Justine eats her breakfast in the dining room. "Hey it's okay, you...you deal with me and my dreams.." Her smile fading a little. I smile and put my hand on her cheek gently, using my thumb to stroke where her cheek bone is placed. Sitting up slowly and pressing a small kiss to her lips before standing up with her and walking up to take a shower.

I finish washing the nights memories away and then getting dressed in my usual attire. Then making my way out. "Hal, could you watch Justine for a bit while I go into work for a while?" I ask placing soft kisses on her neck as she giggled. "Of course. When will you be back?"
"Around 2."
I chuckle and kiss Justine's head before walking out and down to my car.

I get to "work" and go right to his office.
"I'm done, I want out of this damn business.. " I begged sitting in the chair across from his desk.
He chuckled evilly. A sudden feeling of regret washing over me. "You think its that easy?" Pow! Smack to the cheek. Anger pulsing through me as my head jerks to the side a few times on each side. "Beside you signed a contract. You're mine for another two fucking years!" He yelled spit occasionally hitting my face. With one last smack his workers pushed me out of the room with a little note saying I had a fight later.
Bruises forming on my cheeks already. I have a bad feeling about the fight but there's nothing I can do.
On my way home I stop and get some flowers for both girls and slowly walk up the stairs then opening the door.
I see Justine first and smile, kissing her cheek I place the pink roses on front of her. "For you cutie pie." I smile when she smiles up at me, seeing her happy makes me happy. I then see Hallie in the living room and I place the lillies in front of her. "Oh Henry they're beautiful." She smiles big. That's the smile I want on her lips the rest of her life. But soon it fades when she sees my bruises. "What happened!?" She says worriedly.
"Nothing. I just fell.." I whisper looking into her eyes. She nods wearily, and kisses me softly, her controlling the kiss. She smiles as she pulls away.
I tell her about how Aly wants to come over and she sets up for her.

Her and Aly are pretty good friends, Aly usually comes over when I have fights and protects Hallie.

"Okay love, I'm off to work.." I smiled and she hugged me tight. "Be safe." She whispered and then wrapped up next to Aly.
I took a good look at Hallie, not knowing how long it will be before I see her again. Sighing, I make my way out.