You Did What?

“You did what?” Becky screeched with laughter.

“I know itching pants in his underwear is genius, isn’t it? We should like be bowing down to Harvey, shouldn’t we?” I giggled.

“Yeah he’d love that wouldn’t he? He’d probably just say ‘While you’re down there’,” she replied between gasps of air.

We still hadn’t fully discussed the Thomas thing properly but it was lingering in the back of my mind. I mean I knew that she liked him. I still needed to know the what, where, why and when; after all I had to carry out my best friend duties. This in short meant be a nosey cow. I was really looking forward to all the juicy details; you can’t beat some good old gossip.

“So Becky, what d’ya think of the weather? And since when do you like Thomas?” I asked biting my lip.

“Yeah the weather is...Wait what?” she gasped whilst turning crimson.

I snigger escaped my lips at how slow she had been to pick up on that one. I mean as if I actually wanted to talk about the weather. I looked at her expectantly and gave her my ‘spill’ look.

“Well...ermmm...I kinda started liking him...” Becky stopped. “Promise you won’t hate me?”

“Uh...okay,” I replied hesitantly. Why would I hate her?

“It was the night that we all went to Rumourz; he just looked so cute you know? And then when he came out to find you, I...I kissed him. He didn’t kiss me back though he just wanted to find you. The next day when I picked you up from that Matt’s I was so god damn jealous of you and...And I’m just so sorry forgive me please,” she begged as she hung her head.

That had been a lot of information to take in. Becky had liked him all that time and she didn’t tell me. She hadn’t even indicated that she liked him; if she were to have told me before that she had a crush on someone the last person I’d guess it was on would be Thomas. She had kissed him? It wasn’t as if we were together, he was a free man so I couldn’t exactly be bothered about it could I? As long as he treated her right then I couldn’t exactly complain he was only my toy as harsh as that sounds. They both needed someone who could make them happy; to think of it they’d make a cute couple. So I had a sub mission to Becky and Thomas together, this was going to be fun.

“Aimes...you hate me don’t you? That’s why you’ve gone all quiet,” she whispered her voice quivering.

“No of course not!” I reassured her as I gave her a hug. “Now we just need to get you two together.”

We spent the next two hours talking about Thomas and how we could get them together. Becky did need a bit of encouragement to join in with the planning but once she did there was no stopping her. Honestly if he hurts her, he’s going to pay!

We ended up at Valentino’s that evening, I had my shift and Becky had just tagged along really. She did look amazing; we had spent hours trying out different looks and styles. The end result was immaculate; Becky looked like she had stepped straight out of a glossy magazine. Her black halter neck dress was figure hugging but not too revealing, or short. It flared out at the bottom, it was classy not slutty. To be honest, Thomas couldn’t stop staring at her all night. So much so that I had to actually nudge him throughout the night to pay attention to his work. They did actually look sweet together. Many times throughout the night I’d see him leant over the bar just gazing into her eyes. Maybe they could make each other really happy? I hoped so. Now I just had to wait for him to finally ask her out, but being the shy little thing he was he seemed to be struggling with that task. Luckily I managed to steal him away from Becky for a few minutes.

“Soooooo Thomas, you okay?” I asked.

“Yeah not bad thanks, are you Aimes?”

“Yeah I’m great thanks. Sooooo...when are you gonna ask Becky out?” I queried.

“W-what?” he stuttered.

“You heard me. She likes you, yeah? You seem to like her; either that or she’s got something on her face of interest to you. So which one is it?”

“I do like her...sorry...” he began to apologise.

“You’ve nothing to be sorry now go,” I commanded as I pushed him in the direction of a rather bored looking Becky.

I bit my nails in anticipation as I watched the two of them talking. He had better not wimp out! Much to my relief after watching them fir a few minutes Becky pulled Thomas into a hug. As his back was facing me Becky managed to give me thumbs up before going in for a kiss. That was where I had to turn away; watching my best friend make out was not on my priority list. I did have to work to do. Unfortunately for me that work involved Jase. I had to show him the ropes at the front of house due to his promotion.

There really was no escaping him. When I went to school he was there, when I went home he’d be there and I couldn’t escape him at work. In all honesty, being around him was driving me slowly insane; he was truly smitten with me and was showing it. He still hadn’t said those ‘three magical words’ but I was certain it wouldn’t be long before he did so I could teach himlesson once and for all. He had after all done the same to me and as they say ‘An eye for an eye’.

Jase failed miserably at working at the front, he was much better suited behind the scenes, where he couldn’t mess things up. For the rest of the night I spent my time correcting his mistakes, he really did suck. At least twice he double booked, he got slightly irritated with the customers and he managed to attempt to seat a party of eighteen that arrived at a table meant for two. That really was one shift I was glad to see the back of.

Walking to the car I received a text that made my lips curl into an evil smile.

‘Hey babycakes! Ready to bring down Jase more? xx’