Chemistry

The journey to Matt's whizzed by I don't know if it was the alcohol or my nerves, but it only seemed to take five minutes. I chucked money at the cab driver as I stumbled out of the cab only managing to balance myself once I reached the building. I leant against the building for at least ten minutes trying to figure out what I wanted to say. In my heart I knew I had to see him, it was just my brain that wasn't comprehending what to say to him.

Plucking up the courage I whipped off my heels and ran into the apartment block, clutching them in one hand. Remembering the last time I was here brought tears to my eyes. He actually kicked me out, told me to leave. How could I be sure he wouldn't do the same this time? It was then that I realised I would never find out if I didn't try.

I shuffled to the end of the hall before stumbling over my own feet. I felt flat on my face, making a loud slap noise against the marble that echoed through the hall. Ouch. Soon I could taste the blood that filled my mouth. I didn't even have a compact to assess the damage. Instead of getting up as most normal people would I just lay there feeling sorry for myself. No matter how much I tried to hold the tears they poured out of my hears as the pain seared through me.

A door opened behind me and a voice I recongnised as Matt's laughed "You're really not very stable on your feet are you?"

I looked up to meet his gaze only to hear him gasp "Shitting hell Aimee. What on earth has happened to you?"

He gently pulled me to my feet and led me into his apartment, wrapping his arm around my waist to support me. I continued to sob uncontrollably. I was unsure as to why I was crying. Maybe it was the pain? Perhaps the fact Matt was being so nice to me after I'd been such a cow to him? Or was I crying because of the person I'd become? Tears continued to escape my eyes as I let it all out. All the emotions I had been feeling merged into and was causing this outburst.

Matt lay me down on the couch, as if he thought I'd shatter if handled too roughly. That's certainly the way that I felt. If he couldn't forgive me I really would shatter like glass handled too carelessly, or at least my heart would.

I knew I hadn't known Matt for long but, yes this is gonna sound corny, I felt connected to him. There was just something about him that I couldn't explain, something that kept drawing me back here to him. That's why I was back there again, I couldn't leave things on bad terms.

Matt returned with a pack of peas in his hand offering them shyly, "Here put this on your lip it will help with the swelling. You've bust it good and proper I must say. Good night?"

"Mmmmm," was all I managed to mumble.

"Listen Aimee. I need to talk to you. Don't even try to talk you'll split your lip more," he joked.

At this comment I gave him the evilest look that I could muster, baring in mind here I was clutching a bag of peas to my mouth. This just made him laugh. How rude! Laughing at my misfortune.

"Look the other day I was kinda outta order. Well in fact I was completely outta order. I had no right to kick you out like I did, yeah I was hurt but you tried to apologize. "

I nodded unable to do anything else.

"And I've been doing some thinking and it wasn't as if you didn't regret it. I'd probably be doing the same thing if I were you...if I were a girl that is, blokes aren't really my thing," he giggled uncomfortably.

Could Matt get any better? Sweet, hot, understanding, caring, funny, I could list his qualities all day long.

"But...well...what I'm trying to say really is I forgive you. I know it's soon but we could have something special here you know..." he looked at me expectantly.

My phone began vibrating fiercely. Answering it I pulled the bag of peas away from my mouth so I could mumble "Hello."

"Aimee, it's Thomas where the hell are you? Becky gave me your number. Are you alright? You just disappeared , we had no idea where you'd gone," he continued with a wave of worry in his voice.

"Thomas. Yeah I'm fine sorry just gone to see someone. And kinda had an accident and bust my lip but I'll be fine honestly. I'll speak to you tomorrow, yeah?" I said calmly trying to reassure him.

"Okay Aimes. Speak to you tomorrow. Love you," he hung up.

My brain took few seconds to register the words before they sunk in. He loved me? What the hell? I had known in the guy since Thursday, we were now in the early hours of Saturday morning. How on earth did he love me? He didn't know my favourite colour, favourite perfume, even my birthday. I was still reeling in shock when I turned to find Matt staring into my eyes.

"You've got to be kidding me. Thomas? Now who's this one?" he asked trying to mask the anger in his voice.

He had to be kidding me! He'd just forgiven me now he had turned again. What the hell was up with this guy?

"You know what I can't be arsed with this shit! You wanna make your mind up you know!" I screamed at him, the loudest I'd ever screamed actually.

"You're the one with the boyfriend but yet you're here. You're the one that to make your mind up," he snarled.

"He's not my boyfriend he's just some guy," I tried to reason.

"Yeah okay Aimee, how many guys are there? Especially ones that love you?"

"I don't know why he loves me I only met him Thursday after you kicked me out. I wanted to forget about you forget that although I wanna deny I do care about you. Alot," I found myself biting my lip as the last words escaped my lips.

Not a good idea!. Ouch! His eyes instantly lost all of the fury and they filled with concern. He rushed over and held the bag of peas on my lip.

"I'm sorry," he whispered gazing into my eyes "I'm so sorry. Forgive me?"

His eyes watered as he continued, "I don't know what's making me like this with you. We just have some chemistry I can feel it when we're shouting at each other. I'm not gonna come out with some lame excuse about how I have trust issues cos I don't," he reassured me.

I looked away from him. I was seriously starting to sober up now. I decided to focus all of my attention to a picture on the wall of Matt and who I assumed to be his family. He must have been about two in the picture, before the meningitis, because both of his parents were in. He had the chubbiest little cheeks and his most noticeable feature was his eyes.

"Aimee, look at me please," he muttered. "I was a player once believe it or not. I hurt so many people I just don't want you doing the same. The hate some girls felt towards me really bothered me and I don't think you'll be able to live with the guilt. You're just too nice."

I was fixed on Matt's lips and was instantly drawn to them. He caressed my lips with his doing it softly not to cause me in pain. It did hurt like hell, but it was worth every minute, he really did take my breath away. He picked me up, not stopping kissing me once, I automatically wrapped my legs around his waist as he took me to the bedroom. He gently lay me on the bed and broke away from the kiss, I wanted him so badly.

"Did I say how beautiful you look, even with your bust lip? And Aimee let's take things slow. You don't have to be a player with me you know," he whispered.

I snuggled up into him as he lay down and he wrapped his arms around me. I wasn't gonna mess things up this time, I was certain of that.

                                                               **********************

Right guys! I'm kinda stuck on ideas now =/  so I'm gonna ask what you want to happen next. So lemme know please and if I like your idea enough I'll write it =)