Chapter 46: Finding Jordan

I run out of the house and to the barn. I open Fame's stall door and jump on her bareback. Mikayla, Ava and Molly already on and ready to go.

"Just halter her and jet me a lasso!" I scream and the stable hand obeys. He gets all of us lassos and we take off out of the stable.

"I saw him heading toward the cross country course." Molly says and I nod. We gallop to the course and spread out. I see something move and Jordan take off from behind a tree.

"Giddy up girl!" I scream as Fame takes off. She is really fast and we catch right up to Jordan. I lasso him and pull him down to the walk with Fame. I pull out my phone and call the three telling them I found him. We meet up and head back to the barn.

Dan's POV:

The team and I run after Kate. We run to the barn and see Kate gallop out of the barn.

"Where's her saddle?" I hear Kuntiz ask.

"Bareback. Fattest way to go at this point." James explains.

"Isn't that dangerous." I ask and James nods. All of a sudden Kate gallops past us screaming at Fame. I see Jordan running toward the mountains.

"Faster Fame! Giddy Up!" she screams.

Kate's POV:

"Faster Fame! Giddy Up!" I scream as I chase Jordan. He broke my lasso and took off, and if I don't stop him he will take to the mountains and I will never see him again.

"Kate heads up!" Ava yells and I see a tree branch right in front of me. I try to dodge it but it hits me in the face.

"KATE!" Coach yells as I fall to the ground. The entire team runs over to me and I hear Fame trot over. She nuzzles me but I am unresponsive.

Don't do this to them, Kate. Wake up and find Jordan. The team needs you, they need you Kate. Don't do this to them, and don't do this to yourself.

My eyes shoot open and I jump up. I see blood on the ground and I cringe when I see it. I feel my face and my hand is covered in blood. This cant be happening.

"Where is Fame." I ask as I look around.

"Kate, you need to go to the ER." James says.

"No, get Fame!" I snap as I run into the barn. Jordan broke my lasso and the others. He took off, again, and if we don't catch him...well lets not go there.

I run back out and I see Fame standing waiting for me. I run up to her and jump on her back ad take off. We practice for times like this, so I could get on her without a mounting block. We take off, this time I dodge the branch, and head toward the others.

"Kate you ok?" Molly asks.

"I'm fine." I reply and she looks at me and she nearly faints when she sees my face.

"Kate, you're face." she says.

"It's fine." I say as I look around and I see Jordan about 100 yards in front if me. "Jordan!" I scream as I push Fame into a faster gate. We catch up to him and lasso him all at once. He rears and tries to buck but fails and finally gives up. We walk back to the barn.

"You found him!" Max says.

"The little jurk ran so far." Ava snaps.

"Thanks guys for helping me catch him." I say as I hug Molly, Ava and Mikayla. They smile as we dismount and head in the barn. We put the horses back and I move Jordan to the end where the stall locks better.

"How did he get out?" I ask Mark, my stable hand.

"Not sure. I came to feed and he was gone." he explains and I nod. He seems uneasy, and is sweating a little.

"Mark, is everything ok?" I ask again.

"Yes." he says before he turns around and walks into the feed room. I watch him for a few minutes. He mixes the grain and brings out the buckets and places them on the floor.

"I got it. Head home that's all for tonight." I explain.

"You sure? Do the stalls need to be done?" he asks.

"Mikayla, Ava, Molly and I will take care of it. It's late, go home." I smile.

"You 100% sure Kate?"

"Yes." I smile as he walks out if the barn. I hear a car start and I see his truck pull out of the driveway and to the main road. I run to the buckets and look at Jordan's grain. I look through it and than I find it. No wonder he blew up during stadium today. I turn to the team and open my hand.

"What wrong?" Ava asks looking concerned.

"He drugged my horse."-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG plot twist :O what do you Kate is going to do to Mark? Or maybe it wasn't Mark....you never know. Thanks for reading and sorry for the short chapter! story credit to @HockeyIsLife87