Chapter 10: Really Jay...Really?

"What did I do now?" I ask.

"Kate, please take a seat." coach says. I look around at the guys. No one is smiling, except for Sidney.

"What is going on? Tell me!" I scream.

"One..." Sidney says.

"Two..." Max says.

"Two what? What are you talking about? Sidney! Max! Please!"

"THREE!" James yells and they all silly string me.

"Guys! Stop! Oh, its in my mouth." I say as I laugh. I get up and run over to my gear bag. Sidney runs after me. I am laughing so hard. I fall to the floor. After about 5 minutes they were all out of silly string. I get up and look at them. "What was that for?"

"For you're first NHL goal and fight." Flower explains. 

"Really, silly string? Out of everything?" I ask.

"Yes." Max says with a smile. I look at him and than to Sid. I walk over to him.

"Was this you're idea?" I ask as I hug him.

"No, it was Flower's idea."

"FLOWER!" I scream as I chase him. "You are so going to play for this!" He runs away laughing. Sidney grabs me and holds me back.

"Easy Kate. Don't hurt Flower."

"But...he got silly string in my mouth." I whine. He just looks at me. His hazel eyes melting me. I calm down and look at him.

"Better?" he asks.

"Much better." I say as I give him a hug. "But Flower is still dead." I say as I shoot him a look. They all laugh. I can't believe that I got my first NHL goal tonight...well make that four goals. Everyone packs up and we get ready to head back to the hotel. We leave for Pitt in two days. I get my gear back and head out to the bus. I am the first one to get a seat. Sidney comes and sits next to me.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"Nothing. Why?"

"You just look, unhappy."

"No, I'm fine. But thanks for asking." I say as I put my head on his shoulder. The bus leaves the arena and we head back to the hotel. We get our gear and head to our rooms. I open my door and walk inside. I throw my gear on the floor and sit on the bed. I pull out my phone and call Molly, but there is no answer. So I leave a voicemail: Hey its me! I was just calling to see how everyone is doing. We won tonight 8-0. I had my first fight and I had 4 goals. Call me when you get the chance. Bye! Just than I hear a knock at the door. I get up to see who it is. Its Sidney and Geno. I open the door and they come in. "What's up?" I ask.

"Just came to see you." Geno explains.

"Sure...something is wrong I know it." I say. I just know something is wrong, but they wont tell me.

"Nothing is wrong. Why would you say that?" Sid asks. 

"Guys because you are acting strange." I say. They are acting really weird. They have this panic look in their eyes. "Just tell me! What's going to happen if you do? NOTHING." 

"You don't know that." Geno says.

"Yes I do. You can trust me."

"Fine. I will tell you..." Sidney explains. "They are after us. They are mad that you took down Ovechkin and they are out looking for you. If they get you...bad things will happen. They are going to kidnap you and try and ruin you're career. You need to stay close to the team. We will protect you."