Chapter 17: Food and Coffee

I open my eyes and see the old motel. I turn on the car and head back to the highway. Sid and James are still sleeping. I pull out my phone and open the GPS app. I type in my home address and follow the directions. I put the phone down righ next to me. I look over and Sidney finally woke up. "Good morning." I say with a smile.

"Good morning beutiful." Sidney says as he sits up.

 "We are almost home...well we are in PA." I hear James say something. I look in the rear view mirror and see he is awake. "James!" I say as his eyes shoot open.

"What?" he asks as he rubs his eyes. "Five more minutes!" he snaps.

"No!" I snap. "Fine." he mumbles something under his breath.

"What was that?" I ask.

"Nothing. Where are we?" James asks looking out the window.

"In PA. We have about 4 more hours until we are back in Pitt."

GPS: Take the next exit. I get off the highway and follow the other directions. "Are we there yet?" James asks.

"No."

"How about now?"

"No."

"Now?"

"NO!" I scream.

"James." Sidney says as he hands him a coloring book, "Color the pretty monkey."

"Ok." James says as he takes the book and the markers.

"That should keep him entertained." Sid says as he smiles.

"Let's hope so." I say. I smile at him and continue driving. "Hey, you hungry?" I ask as I look at Sid.

"YES!" James screams.

"Color the pretty monkey James." I say. he gives me a look and continues coloring.

"Yes, what are you going to get?" Sidney asks.

"I was thinking Starbucks coffee, and Panera Bread." I say with a smile.

"Sounds good to me." I pull into the Panera parking lot, get out, and lock the car. James and Sid follow. We walk in and we are mobbed my fans. We sign some autographs. When we are done we go and order.

"Hi! Is this for hear or to go Mrs. Crosby?" the casher asks.

"Me? Oh no, no we are just dating. I am not married, and this is for here." I say as I blush.

"Not yet." Sid whispers in my ear. That makes me blush even more.

"May I have a salad with chicken, tomatoes, olives, and red peppers." I say.

"I will have the same." James says.

"Me too." Sid says as he hands her the money. "Sid, I could have payed for it. But thank you babe." I say as I kiss his cheek.  We get our food and sit down. "I cannot believe that Jay and Chara kidnapped us and thought they would get away with it." I say as I pick at my salad.

"I know. What made them want to kidnap us?" James says.

"It's Chara and Jay." Sid says as he rolls his eyes.

"HA HA That's true." I laugh. "I wonder if they are following us." I say,

"They aren't. Don't worry Kate." James says as he finishes his salad. When we all finish we put our plates in the garbage and head back to the car. I pull out of the parking lot and head over to the Starbucks. I go through the drive thru. We order our coffee and I head back to the highway.

"James, how is that monkey coming along?" I ask.

"Almost done!"