Chapter 26: Back to Kentucky

I am woken up by the sound a someone knocking at the door. I get up and when I open the door I see Sid, Geno and Jordan standing there. Sid is holding a plate of eggs, pancakes, and a muffin.

"Blueberry or apple?" Jordan asks.

"Blueberry." I answer with a smile. He hands me the plate and they head to the next room. I close the door and walk over to my bed. I place the plate on the nightstand and turn on the TV. I flip through the channels and I stop at Dance Moms. I eat my breakfast and when I am done I go and take a shower. When I am done I change into my workout gear. I put on a pair of running shorts and my Pittsburgh Basketball T-Shirt. I grab a towel and put on my running shoes. I grab my room key and head down to the hotel gym. When I get there I notice James is there, he is running on the treadmill. I step on the one next to him, I put in my ear buds and start the treadmill. I start off by walking than I start to run. I don't even notice that James is talking to me until he sprayed me with water. That made me nearly go flying off the treadmill. I stop it and pull out my ear buds. "What was that for?" I ask angrily.

"You had you're ear buds in so how was I going to get you're attention?" he says.

"Um, tap me on m shoulder." I say as I whip the water off my face.

"Well, that would not be fun." he says as he laughs.

"You are so dead! I will give you three seconds to run." I say as I smile.

"You're just saying that."

"One," he grabs his phone and takes off. I run after him. I run out of the gym and follow him down the hall. He takes a sharp right and almost trips. He pushes the stairs door open and starts to run up to our floor. I am right behind him. He opens the door at our floor and runs out. He takes a turn and I don't know where he went. I look around and I see him take off. I follow him and he runs to his room door. I grab him before he could open it. "Got cha!" I say as I laugh.

"I almost out ran you." he says.

"Yeah, but you also almost fell on the first turn you took." I say as I laugh.

"Yeah, well that was a sharp turn." he whines.

"No it wasn't." I say.

"Fine, I want you to prove it was not a sharp turn. Start down the other end of the hall and turn...here." he says as he smiles.

"You're on!" I say as I walk down the end of the hallway. I start running and I get ready for the sharp turn. Because I played soccer as a mid, I can turn sharply. I plant my right foot, turn my body and lung off my right foot. I run past James and his face is priceless.

"What were you saying?" I ask as I walk past him.

"How did you do that?" he asks.

"I played soccer as a mid fielder, I can turn sharp." I say as I walk back to my room. James follows and stops me right before I open the door.

"Teach me how you did that."

"James, I have to get ready for morning skate. I will teach you when I get back from Kentucky. I promise."

"Ok." he says as he walk to his room. I open my door and head inside. I change into my hockey gear and head down to the bus. I take a seat in the back and Sid comes and sits next to me.

"Hey babe." he says as he kisses me. The kiss felt so weird. It didn't feel right. When he pulled away he look at me with a frown on his face. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, why."

"Never mind, are you excited to head home after the game tonight?"

"OMG! I can't wait to see Molly and Ava again. You are going to love it in Kentucky! It's quite and just perfect." I say.