Chapter 42: Back to Pitt?

I wake up wrapped in James's arms. I smile as I kiss his cheek before I stand up. I quietly get dressed and head to the gym. As I walk in, I notice that on one is here except front the man at the front desk and the trainer.

"Good morning Mrs. Maxwell!" the man says.

"Good morning! Sorry that I scheduled shuck a early training time." I say as he hands me a locker key.

"It's fine. We are honored to have you train with us!" he smiles.

"Why thank you." I walk into the locker room and get my MMA gear. When I am ready I head to the gym where the trainer is waiting for me.

"Katlin Maxwell, long time no see." he says and when I see who he is I jump for joy.

"OMG! Jimmy I missed you!" I scream as I hug him. Jimmy was my old MMA trainer. I spent hours training with him, but when it came to hockey I didn't have the chance to train with him anymore. I missed every second of it. he is so nice and will do whatever he needs to so you get a good work out.

"Kate I missed you so much! How is hockey?" he asks as he hugs me.

"Good." 

"I hear that you are engaged and that you are a Olympic gold mealiest, congrats."

"Thanks." I say as I smile and begin to stretch.

"Who are you engaged to?"

"James Neal."

"Really? OMG I am so happy for you!" Jimmy says as he smiles.

"Thanks."

"So what are you in so early for?" he asks as he watches me.

"Well, I would like to train so more MMA, for fights." I laugh. He smiles as he reads something on his clipboard.

"Ok, well what area of the fight do you want to focus on?" he asks.

"Um, just strength and accuracy." I explain and he nods. I throw him my phone and he plugs it in and turns on the music. I always train to music. I don't know why, I feel like it helps me concentrate. Three hours were spent training, but I refused to stop.

James's POV:

That morning I couldn't find Kate anywhere and I notice that my car is gone. Apparently I was running around the house calling for Kate, because I woke Chris and Pascal and they are heavy sleepers.  

"James, do you know what time it is?" Chris says as he sits on one of the bar stools.

"I know, but Kate is missing. My car is gone and she is not answering her phone." I say.

"James, you know Kate. She leaves for a little while than comes back." Pascal says as he sits next to Chris.

"Maybe she went to the gym, considering what happened yesterday." Chris says. Maybe he is right. She had her past life hi her in the face all because of Paul. I finally sit down and they guys smile. "There is nothing to worry about."

"You're right." I smile. Just than I hear the front door open and there stands Kate. She is sweating and has tape around her wrists. She didn't see the three of us at first, but when she did she jumped sky high. "Kate?"

"James?" she jumps. "You scared me!" she says as she throws her MMA glove at me.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to." I laugh as I throw her the glove. "Where were you?"

"The gym." she says in almost a whisper.

"This early?" Chris asks.

"Guys it is only 8:30." she says, "I scheduled a MMA training session for 5:30." she explains.