Cahpter 22: Dress Shopping

James's POV:

Kate is so cute when she is sleeping. She has her head on my chest and is in a  deep sleep. I look over to Sid and he is looking at Kate. The storm is getting bad. Every once in a while Kate would tense up. Sid and I had our arms wrap around her. I was so comfortable laying there with Kate. "Sid." I say as I tap this shoulder.

"What?" he asks.

"I understand why you love Kate so much. She is the perfect girl. She is so sweet and caring." I say as I smile. "And she is not one of those puck bunnies."

"I know. Its hard to fine a girl who is not into us because of our money."

"It's also nice to be able to play hockey with her."

"You're right it is." Sid says as he smiles. The wind starts to pick up and it starts to poor. It sounds really  creepy. I feel Kate move closer to me.

"James." she says.

'What's wrong?" I say as I play with her hair.

"I......I....." she says but than falls back to sleep. I guess she is really tired. I look over to Sid and he is sleeping. I finally close my eyes and fall asleep.

The Next Morning

I wake up the next morning and  see that Sid and Kate are not around. I get up and walk up stairs only to find Kate and Sid sitting on the couch. "Hey, you guys are up early."

"Hey sorry James. Take a seat." Kate says as pats the spot next to her. I walk over and sit next to her. Sid and Kate are watching The Voice. Kate moves closer to me. Sid puts his arm around Kate and she puts her head on his chest.

Kate's POV:

James comes and sits next to me. He is the best big brother ever. I just feel so safe around him. Every time he is around I get this feeling that I don't get when I am with Sid. I guess I have feelings for James. I think I love him, but I am with Sid. I feel like my heart wants to be with..."Kate?" James says.

"Ya? Sorry I was deep in thought." I say as I smile.

'What's wrong?" he asks.

'What do you mean?" he looks at me than to the T.V. "Never mind."

"Are you guys hungry?" I ask as they nod. I get up and walk to the kitchen. I open the fridge and pull out eggs, milk, and fruit. I look through the cabinets for pancake mix. "Are you kidding me? I know  I have some." I finally find a box and head over to the stove. I get a pan and pour the mix in. When I finish the last cake I put it on the plate with the others. "Breakfast is ready." I say as I put out the plates and start on the eggs. Sid and James come over and take a seat to the table. "Help yourselves." I say as I smile. I finish the eggs and take the plate over to the table. I sit down across from James and Sid.

"You are a really good cook." James says as he takes some eggs.

"Thanks." I say with a smile. "So, we don't have practice today, what do you guys want to do?"

"Um, we could see a movie." Sid says.

"Or we could go get dinner." James says.

"Why don't we do both?" I say.

"That's a great idea! But  forgot that Jordan is having  a party tonight. We could do that tomorrow." James says.

"Really a party? I have been waiting for some fun for a long time now." I say as  I laugh.

"We should go and get Kate a dress!" James says.

"We should." Sid says with a smile. I blush and take my plate to the kitchen.