Chapter 32: Practice....Great Amanda is There

Kate's POV:

When I wake up I find James asleep next to me. I slowly get up from the couch and notice that I still have my running clothes on. I walk into the kitchen to get something to eat. I find only eggs in his fridge. I make scrambled eggs and when I am done I bring the plate over to James. "Babe, wake up." I say as I lightly shake him. His eyes flutter open as he sits up. "Good morning, I made you breakfast." I say as I put the plate on the coffee table.

"Good morning and thank you babe." he says as he kisses me. I walk back into the kitchen and make some eggs for myself. When I am done I sit at the kitchen table and James joins me. When we finfish we put our plates in the dishwasher and sit back on the couch. "Remember we have practice today, and you know what that means."

"That we have to put up with Amanda." I say as I roll my eyes.

"I should really be getting ready, I will take you to you're house and you can change." James says as he smiles.

"Sounds good babe." I say. He gets up and walk to his bedroom. I sit on the couch and watch the news. I see the story about the guys who broke into James's house last night. He looks so familiar to me. When I see his face I scream. Shirtless James comes running out.

"What's wrong?" he says as he embraces me in a hug.

"The guy from last night...is...is..." I start.

"Is who babe?" he asks.

"BLAKE!" I cry. James hugs me tight.

"It's ok Kate, he is in jail now. He can't get to you." I hug him and he walks back into his room. I continue to watch the news. When he is done he walks out and picks me up. "Time to go babe." he says as he carries me to the car. I kiss his cheek as he puts me in the passenger seat. He drives to my house and I run in to get changed. I hang my Grand Champion ribbon next to the others, but this is the biggest one I have and Molly, Ava and I are hopping to add Olympic gold to our collections of ribbons. When I am done changing I run back out to James's car and get in. I put my gear in the back and we head to the arena. We have a home game this week and we have to have practice because how we played in NJ was not that good. We have a lot of things we need to work on. James pulls into the parking lot and parks. We get out and head to the locker room. When we get to the locker room only Sid, Flower, Letang, Tanner, Pascal, Jordan, Max, James and I. I look around the room and there is no Amanda. My face lights up until she comes running in. He picks her up and spins her around. Pascal, Jordan, Max, Tanner, and Max all walk out of the locker room and head to the gym. James, Sid, Amanda and I are the only ones left in the locker room. Sid and Amanda are making out and James comes over to me. He smiles. Amanda pulls away and looks at me.

"What you two staring at? Jealous?" she asks as she smirks.

"No." I say as I turn to James and he pull me close to him. He plants his lips on mine.

Sid's POV:

It pains me to see Kate kiss James. I guess I still have feelings for her. But I love Amanda. The team is mad at me for dumping Kate, but she was being so mean to Amanda. I felt sorry for her. I look over to Kate and she and James are making out. 

"Don't pay attention to them babe." Amanda says as she leans in, but I push her away.

"I should be getting ready for practice." I say and Amanda nods.

"See you out there, I will be watching." she says as she kisses my cheek and walks out. When she is gone I look back over to Kate and James. They are still making out. I can't stand to see that. I get up and walk to the gym, giving the two some privacy.