Chapter 1: Moving to Pitt

Hey ya'll!!! This is my first story on Wattpad! Hope ya'll like it! Its a fan fiction and I will be updating as soon as I could. I'm hoping for 1 or 2 chapters a week. Hope you like it Vote and comment!! thanks :) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked down the pathway to my red mustang, as I threw my gear into the back I turned and took a good last look at my house. A tear starts to fall as I get in and start the car. I am a hockey player and I got called up to play with the Pittsburgh Penguins. It's a big deal for me because I LOVE the Pittsburgh Penguins and I have only been playing AHL for 1 year! I cannot wait to get to Pitt. It's just about a 12 hour drive from my Kentucky ranch house. I have to leave behind my entire life to got to Pitt. I own 5 horses that I show in A rated jumpers and hunters so I asked my two best friends Ava and Molly to ride and show them in my name. I know that my horses will be in good hands. "Wait Katlin!" I hear as Molly runs out of the house.

"What's wrong?" I ask tears forming in my eyes.

"Don't leave! Please stay! We are going to miss you so much!" She starts to cry "Please don't go."

"Molly I have to. I don't want to move away, but I have no choice." I explain trying to hold back the tears.

"But can't you say you are doing other things? That you are doing another sport?"

"No, I'm sorry Molly I have to go. This is a big deal for me." I say "Molly I have to get going tell Ava to call me when she gets a chance. I will try to come back as many times as possible." I give her a hug. when she lets go I pull out of the long drive way and head to the highway. As I was driving past the pastures my one horse, Fame or aka Hall Of Fame, was racing my car like she always does. I rolled down the window and said my good bye to her. I will miss Fame she was my first horse I ever owned and she tough me everything I know now. She is only 6 so she is still young. "Be good for Molly and Ava." I say as I drive past the large field. I couldn't hold back the tears anymore, I start to cry. "This is going to be a long drive." I thought, "But I have the joy of playing hockey for my favorite team to look forward to. Good by Kentucky, see you soon."

As I pulled into the parking lot I look at the huge arena. Its about two in the afternoon and there is a mandatory practice at four. I park and head into the locker room. No one is hear. I head to the bathroom to put on my gear. I take off my makeup and put on my wig. The team thinks I'm a boy, and trust me I am good at hiding things. I cannot let them find out that I am a girl, they will kick me off the team. I walk back to the locker that I put my gear bag at and I pulled out my skates. I wrap my wrists, because I am a player who will get into fights, I ALWAYS wrap my wrists. I grab my stick and place it next to me. I grab my skates, but I wait to put them on. "Its only three? Wow!" I hear someone coming. "Hi. you must be the new player"

"Yes." I say looking at him. He looks so familiar.

"I'm Sidney Crosby." he says as he hold out his hand.

"Hi, I'm Keith" I say as I shake his hand. The other guys start coming. I cannot wait for my first practice with an NHL team! But then my phone starts to ring. "Hello?" I ask but there is no one there.