Chapter 23

Leumas POV

I sit on my porch, waiting for Elle.

My girlfriend. 

Elle is my girlfriend...

A huge grin forms on my face as I realize the girl I've liked for years is finally mine. After a few minutes of grinning to myself, Elle walks out of her house. 

She's wearing a short light pink skirt, a white crop top, and a long white cardigan that ends just above the end of her skirt. 

"You look great." I compliment when I finally rip my eyes away from her outfit. 

Pink taints her cheeks, "Thanks. You don't look too bad yourself." 

I look down at my Roman Reigns shirt and black jeans. Well, if she likes it I'm not complaining. I chuckle. 

As we start walking I reach over and intertwine my hand in hers. 

---------------

Elleag POV

"FINALLY!!" Yaz, Jess and Princess all yell at the same time after I tell them about Lou and I.

"It's about time you bats finally opened your eyes." Jess says.

"Bats?" I question. 

"Yes, they're blind." Princess clarifies. 

"Oh. Ok." I nod.

"Where's Spencer?" Yaz asks, wiggling her eyebrows at Jess. 

"Me?" A tall, blonde, guy questions while grinning at Jess.

Yaz, Princess, and I laugh as Jess turns almost as red as her hair. 

"UH... Y-No..." She stutters. "Ok, fine. Yes. You." 

He chuckles and I notice that he has dimples. I take a second to look him over. He's slim but his muscles aren't as defined as Lou's. His eyes seem to be a grayish mixture of blue and green. 

"See you guys at lunch," Jess says before heading to class with Spencer. 

"See ya!" Yaz says then leaves with Princess.

I walk to class. A smile on my face as I think about hanging out with Lou later. 

"You seem happy." Dean says when I sit in my seat. 

"I am," I admit.

"You chose?" He guesses.

"I did. I chose Lou." 

"As long as you're happy, I'm happy. I'm still here for you if you need anything." He says sweetly.

Damn. He's good at this. But, I'm better.

"Thanks." I say, smiling sweetly at him. 

No need to burn my bridges; but, I have to be careful with him. 

--------

Finally, it's lunch time. 

I sit at our usual table to find that Spencer is joining us. Lou, of course, is sitting there too. 

I sit in the empty seat next to him. 

"Hey guys." I greet.

A chorus of "hi's" and "hey's" respond.

I eat my pasta as we talk about our days.

Just as we start talking about prom, the love of my life, my favorite person in the world, Brielle, walks up. 

"Oh look. You losers made friends." She says, referring to Lou and Spencer. 

"Shut the fuck up you oversized cockroach." Jess replies.

The entire table erupted into laughter, causing Brielle to get pissed off and stomp her foot. Lou puts his arm around my shoulder. She shoots a glare at me that sends chills down my spine. Although I'm scared, I find pleasure in pissing her off. 

Her black hair makes her look like the mad woman she is as she storms over to her table. 

"Well then." Princess starts, "So, prom-"

And then we return to our normal conversation. Spencer and Lou seem shocked at how quickly we blew that off. She does this at least three times a week, you get used to it.

We make plans to meet up at my house on Saturday to go shopping. 

The rest of day is pretty uneventful but I can feel the school buzzing with the news that Lou chose me over Brielle. I get a few glares from her groupies and many supportive smiles. 

I try to fight the anxiety of having so many eyes on me as I walk over to Lou at the end of the day. He smiles at me, intertwines our fingers, and we walk out of the school. 

We walk home so he can get his car and drive us to our favorite diner. 

I think back to how things have changed since the last time I was here and a grin forms on my pink tinted face.