Chapter 15

"How the fuck are you still insecure?" Jessica practically yells at me after I told them what happened in French class. 

I laugh as I look around the small diner we're hanging out in after school. This was our favorite place to hang out after school because not many kids from our school came here.

"What about Luemas?" Princess questions. 

"Fuck him honestly. He's known me forever and only now wants to talk to me. Even if he fell down the stairs, hit his head and likes me all of a sudden, it's too late." I declare, barely believing myself.

"Lies." Yaz says simply.

I look across the table at Jess and Princess. They're giving me disbelieving looks also. 

"Maybe if I say it long enough I'll finally be able to do it..." I mumble.

They all laugh softly.

"It's ok, what ever is meant to be will be," says Princess with the wisdom of an 87 year old.

"She's right," Jess and Yaz respond just as I ask, "Have you been smoking?"

We all erupt in laughter.

"But, Dean is finally single guys." I conclude.

"Yeah, his last girlfriend broke up with him last week," Jessica says while showing us screenshots of his social media accounts.

I scroll with my eyebrows raised. 

"Jess, I love you but are you a stalker or something?" I inquire.

She smirks slyly.  "Don't worry about it..." 

"Well then..." Yaz mutters.

Our usual waitress walks up to our table.

"Hey Sasha!" We greet her in unison. 

"Would you guys like the usual?" She asks. 

"Of course." Jess says for us.

A couple minutes later she returns with our food. Princess has some hot wings, that she loves; Jessica gets buffalo chicken wings, Yazmine gets a chicken salad, and I get a bacon burger. A few seconds later our drinks arrive, Princess gets a vanilla milkshake, Jessica gets a Coke, Yaz gets lemon iced tea and I get a salted caramel milkshake.

Everything is perfect; just how we like it.

While eating we discuss everything that's going on. Yaz tells us about a prank she and Jess are pulling for the yearbook.

Every year the yearbook holds a senior prank contest, you're supposed to pull off a prank without getting into too much trouble and get the whole school to talk about it for at least a week. In our school that is nearly impossible. With Brielle sucking dick right and left, teachers reporting kids who attempt to pull a prank but fail, and prom coming up, it's hard to keep the student body's attention for more than 2 days.

But knowing Jess and Yaz, they will come up with a prank that will have people talking about them for years to come.

"What are you guys planning for the prank contest?" I ask them.

"We haven't decided yet." Yaz says causally.

Princess raised her eyebrow but didn't say anything.

---------------

Luemas POV 

Buzz Buzz Buzz

What the fuck do they want from me?? I think to myself as I reach for my phone. I would've left this dumbass group chat but that would be too obvious. Instead, I open it to mute the notifications. Before I can mute the chat, a message catches my eye.

Kyle: ELLE IS MINE!!

Dean: She isn't anyone's unless she wants to be.

Well Dean has a point. 

Kyle: Well, I'm screwing her whether she wants me or not.

Fueled by anger I type: THAT'S RAPE YOU USED ASSWIPE! NO WONDER ELLE DOESN'T LIKE YOUR SANDCRUSTED SCUM FILLED ASS.

Angered by Kyle's bullshit I throw a plate from earlier at the wall. As it shatters I realize that I'm not handling this in an "appropriate" manner.

Kyle: Look what the cat dragged in... Since when did you care what I do?

Dean: I agree with Lou. You're really disgusting to even say something like that.

After taking a couple deep breathes I type: Whether I give a fuck about you or not, I'm not going to stay silent when you threaten to rape a girl.

Dean: Especially such a kind girl like Elle.

Then out of nowhere Mike says: Honestly Kyle, Elle is hot as fuck but rape is never the right thing to do.

Finally this meathead says something that makes sense, I think to myself.

Actually, I'll just tell her right now. I text the chat as I slip on some shoes and walk out of my house. 

Kyle: I will fuck you up if she finds out!!

I chuckle to myself: Have you forgotten that you're a benchwarmer while I'm the quarterback?

I put my phone into my pocket before knocking on Elle's door. 

"Hey?" She greets as she opens the door. 

"Kyle wants to rape you." I rush out.

-------------

Elleag POV

"Are you serious??" I choke out.

Lou reaches into his pocket and unlocks his phone. I watch him scroll a bit and clench is jaw a couple hundred times. He finally turns to screen to me, I read Kyle's words and Dean's sweet defense. I giggle a bit at Lou's defense. But then it hits me, Kyle only took me out so that he could get laid. 

"Of fucking course." I mutter, "Why else would he like me out of all girls?" 

"Don't say that, you're a beautiful girl who deserves nothing but the best. He's just a crusty piece of shit." Lou insists sweetly. 

A leftover tear from this morning slides down my face, opening the gate for more little drops to stream down my face. 

I lower my head so Lou doesn't see me in such a vulnerable position. If it was Jessica, she would have been beating the shit out of Kyle right now. 

Suddenly, I feel Lou's strong arms wrap around me. 

I stand there, halfway into my house, crying into Lou's chest. 

"I'll handle him..." Lou whispers into my ear.