Chapter 6

"On to the clothing store!!" Yaz cheers as we walk to the clothing store with our purchases in hand.

We all giggle.

"What are you guys looking for at the clothing store?" I ask the small group.

"I'm looking for a soft colored maxi dress." Princess offers.

"Of course you are." Jessica replies laughing.

"I'm getting a skirt and wearing it with a top I have home." Yaz adds. By skirt she means a mini skirt. 

"Well I'm getting a new top to go with my black skinny jeans." Jessica says. She decided to get the black spiked heels, since they can be worn with different outfits.

"Nice! I'm looking for a short flowy dress." I tell them. I like a lot of different looks. But, the best one me would have to be loose skirts and dresses.

We walk into the store and start walking around a bit looking for what we want.

Leumas POV.

Staring into the ceiling, I remember that Zendaya is having a party next weekend. I wonder if Elleag is going... Maybe I can ask her to be my date!! Yes!

I grin to myself, she won't feel too pressured to be alone with me but she will still know I'm into her since I asked.

Now how do I ask her? Every time I try to talk to her I get shut down. Like the other day in Mr.Davis' class I was going to try and say something, but the way she stares at me is like she can see into my soul. Her piercing blue eyes just fuck me up.

I take a deep breath and look at the time.

The clock reads 5:12 pm. I look out my window to Elle's house and see her getting out of Yazmin's car. I watch as she waves to whoever is in the car as they drive off.
I decide that this is the perfect time as she struggles with all her bags.

I rush downstairs and out the front door to her house.
"Hey! Need some help?" I cheerfully offer.
There she goes again. Staring her piercing blue eyes right into me before she reluctantly accepts.

I grab a couple bags and follow her into her living room.

"Uh... thanks. You can leave those bags right here." She says pointing to a spot on the floor.

I place them down carefully and decide that this is the perfect time to ask her.

"So I was-" I start but am cut off by her phone ringing.

She looks at the screen and says, "Sorry, I'm going to take this."
I nod and just wait for her to finish.

As she talks I glance around the living room and notice the warm cozy feel of it. I wanted to sit on the couch but I wasn't close enough to her to just plop down without an invitation.

She hangs up after a few minutes.

"I'm sorry, that was Kyle from class." She explains.

"Why'd he call?" I ask hoping I wasn't prodding to much.

"He asked if he could be my date to Zendaya's party." She casually replies.
I freeze in my place. My heart a little torn that right before my eyes I watched her get a date. I want to be her date!

"What is it that you were saying?" She asks.

I sigh. "It's nothing, never mind."
She stares at me with her mesmerizing eyes with a look that says she doesn't believe me.

I didn't know whether to tell her or not to. I decided to keep my failure to myself and just lie.

"Um... I was just wondering how your project came along." I say. 

She sits on the chair and points to the couch, inviting me to sit down.

She raises an eyebrow and responds, "It was good. How was yours?"

"Honestly, it was the worst time of my life. Brielle is sooo fucking annoying." I admit quietly.

Elle starts to laugh, "Tell me about it!! I thought you guys were close though..." She admits.

"That's what she wants everyone to think so that she can have me to herself." I respond putting air quotes around "me to herself."

Elle raises her eyebrows then starts laughing as if she just heard the best joke ever.

"Brielle is such a whore." She says.

I shrug not knowing what to say. Glancing at my watch which now reads 5:41.

I groan and realize Elle's mom will be home soon for dinner.
"I think your mom might be getting home soon, I should go..." I reluctantly admit.

"Oh shit. You're right. It was um... nice... talking to you." She admits while blushing.

I smile at her and reply, "It was nice talking to you too."

She walks me to the door and I walk to my house feeling ecstatic even if I didn't get her to be my date.