Chapter 21

Elleag POV

My pink bath bomb fizzled and swirled as I watched. For some reason, I woke up well rested and I was ready for the day ahead. 

I turned on some music and laid in the warm water. 

The last of the bomb dissolved along with my stresses. 

---------

Leumas POV

11:48 am.

And I'm bored, laying around in this big empty house with nothing to entertain myself with. 

I glance over at Elle's house and think about going over to talk to her. I could ask her out the movies or something... 

I decide not to. She usually hangs out with her friends on Saturdays anyway. 

Seeing as I'm not doing anything I decide to go out and get some food. After I slip on some vans I drive to a diner nearby that not many high school students go to. 

The bright warmth of outside doesn't help my mood. I solemnly walk in and head to the counter where I can order to go. 

"Hey Lou! What can I get you today?" One of my favorite waitresses asks. 

"Can I get a bacon cheeseburger with avocado, large sweet potato fries, and a large chocolate milkshake?" I respond.

"Of course! It'll be ready in a bit." She responds with a warm smile. 

I decide to look around the restaurant for an familiar faces as I wait. 

Short blonde hair catches my eyes. A smile forms across my face as I recognize Elle. Just as I'm walking over to say hi to her I notice who's with her, Dean. 

Just as I'm approaching the table he leans in to kiss her. 

On the same lips I kissed yesterday.  

"Seriously?" I yell out before I can control myself. 

Elle immediately pulls away and looks at me with shock all over her face. 

"It's not what it looks like!" She exclaims. 

I shake my head at her in disappointment and walk back to the counter to take my food and leave. 

"Lou!" Elle calls after me. 

I ignore her and rush out of the diner. 

"Lou! Let me explain!" She yells again, grabbing my shoulder to try and stop me. I gently push her hand off of me and get into my car. 

The one time I tell a girl my feelings and she throws them back in my face. 

Anger blurs my vision as I drive the familiar route home. 

Sitting in my dark, lonely room I angrily eat my food. No need to let it go to waste. 

-----------

Elleag POV

"You choose Lou?" Dean asks. 

"I guess." I mutter to him. 

"Do you really want to be with a guy who gets that angry?" He questions calmly. 

 I think back to the nights when I would cry myself to sleep from hearing my parents argue. Mostly my dad yelling at my mom. Those thoughts sent chills down my spine.

I look into Dean's warm brown eyes before responding. 

"I guess I don't..." I admit.

He smiles warmly at me. 

"Maybe you should think you decision through."

I nod slowly. 

We finish up eating and he drives me home. 

 "Thanks Dean." I thank him and walk in. 

After changing into some comfy sweats and a tank I open the group chat to find Jess talking about her new love interest, Spencer.

It's so cute when his soft blond hair glows in the light... 

My eyebrows immediately shoot up to my hairline. 

Elle: Jess... Are you ok?? 

Jess: Yes! Of course!

Yaz: She's head over heels for this Spencer guy.

Princess: I think she's found her soulmate.

Elle: Lol. Those don't exist...

My mind starts to wander to my parents' marriage before I turn my attention back to Jess. 

Jess: Maybe they do...

Elle: You literally said that the idea of soulmates was a "story told to the feeble minded to help develop hope for their pathetic lives" like two days ago. 

Jess: Lolol... Well I changed my mind...

Yaz: He must be hot af to have our Jess believing in soul mates.

An image of Dean's stunning smile flashes through my mind. The image of Lou storming out of the restaurant replaces it. 

What have I done? 

How did I go from having a crush on Lou to having to make such a big decision? 

I finally look at my continuously buzzing phone and see that the topic has changed. 

Yaz: When are we going prom dress shopping?

OH MY FLYING CHICKEN NUGGETS

Elle: I completely forgot!! Let's go next Saturday. I'm going to go take a nap.

Jess: Ok! See you tmm!

Yaz: cool see ya!

Princess: Sleep well

I leave my phone on the coffee counter then walk to the kitchen. A plate of freshly baked cookies call out to me. I eat one and almost moan as the still gooey chocolate chips melt in my mouth. 

After stuffing my face with a few more I run upstairs to stop myself from finishing them all at once. 

I lay in my bed. 

My blank ceiling becomes a screen as the last few days replay in my mind. 

Lou.

I've wanted him all my life. But, his anger scares me. What if one day he gets so mad he hurts me? 

I push that to the back of my mind. 

Dean.

He's super sweet and insightful. But, there must be a reason his relationships end so quickly. 

This will be very difficult... 

Just as I begin drifting off to sleep I hear a noise downstairs. 

"Hello?" I call out. "Mom?"

She's not supposed to be back for at least two hours. 

I get out of the bed and grab one of my pink fuzzy slippers.

Ok. I know. Not the best choice. It's the closest thing.

I poke my head out of my room. 

"Hello?" I say struggling to keep my voice steady. 

"Hey sweetheart, did you miss me?" Says the intruder. 

His voice sends chills down my spine. 

Kyle.

--------

HEY GUYS!!! Sorry for the long wait but here it is! Hope you like it. I'm almost at 1K reads!!! Thanks so much! 

VOTE

COMMENT

xoxoxo