Chapter 11

A sharp pain in my side forces me to wake from my slumber...

"Ugh... What do you want Princess?" I groan, knowing she is the only one capable of being energetic at such an hour. 

She chuckles and proceeds to open the curtains and wake up Jessica. 

I roll out of bed and go to the bathroom. After washing my face and brushing my teeth I feel awake enough to go downstairs. In the kitchen I find Yaz drinking a cup of coffee to combat her hangover. Jess is frying bacon so I pull out a mixing bowl to make pancakes for everyone. 

"What flavor are you guys up for today?" I ask the girls.

"Chocolate..." Yaz groans with her head resting on the table.

"I kind of wanted banana today..." Jessica disagrees.

I look at Princess and she just shrugs. I didn't expect her to pick sides... She doesn't like arguing at all. 

I look back at Yaz and Jess and say "I could put pieces of banana in the chocolate pancake if that's ok." 

They both look at eat each other then after a silent discussion they both look back and nod. 

I nod back and begin making the batter.

------------

"I'll tell you guys about it later!" I promise as the girls leave so I can go out for lunch with Kyle. He texted me telling me he was picking me up at 1. 

I was wearing light blue skinny jeans and a pastel pink crop top. I threw on a thin pastel beige cardigan over it. My lace flats matched the cardigan perfectly. I applied a thin coat of pink lip gloss as I waited for Kyle's arrival.

A glance at the clock told me that he was only 3 minutes late.

A knock sounded on the door and I got up with a smile on my face to open it. Instead of Kyle, Lou stood at the door with his hands in his pockets. 

Why does it seem like he's been talking to me more often these last few weeks?

"Hey, what's up?" I ask him.

He looks at my outfit and responds, "You look nice. Where are you going?"

I blush at his compliment and tell him about lunch with Kyle. 

---------

Luemas POV.

When I hear that she's going to lunch with Kyle I realize that my plan needs to be set in motion immediately. 

I fake a smile. 

"I was wondering if you wanted to study with me for that math test on Friday?" I ask.

She seems to search my face with her mesmerizing eyes.

After she found what she was looking for, she responds with a cautious, "Sure."

"Thank you. When will you be available?" I ask with an excited grin on my face. 

I see her eyes flicker to something behind me. I turn to see Kyle in his car waving at Elle. She waves back and tells me to come over at 4:30 the same day. 

She closes the door behind her and begins walking towards Kyle's car. I ran my hands through my hair and watch as she gets in the car and Kyle leans in to peck her on the cheek.