Chapter 10

It was getting late. It took about 10 minutes to drive home so at 11:45 I gather my group of friends and head back home.

Princess and I are holding Yaz up because she drank too much.

"Sleepy time?" Yaz slurs out. 

"Yes Yaz." I answer while laughing. She was always getting drunk at parties while Jess drank a lot but managed her liquor extremely well. Princess didn't drink and I usually only have one or two drinks. I couldn't go back to my house drunk or my mom would never let me go out again.
----
Leumas POV.

I run my hand through my hair as I grow tired of this party. I separated myself from Mike and Jake since I can't sit and listen to them make dirty comments about Elle.

I glance at my watch and it reads 11:50, Elle left only about 5 minutes ago and I already feel like I have no purpose here.
I walk over to Zendaya and thank her for throwing such a cool party. Then, I get my car and drive home.

As I park my car in the driveway I notice two figures on Elle's porch. When I get out I can see that the figures are Kyle and Elle.
As I slowly walk up to my door I watch as Kyle leans forward and kisses Elle.

I almost trip on the steps when I see him press his body against hers. I rip my eyes away from the heart wrenching sight next door and hurriedly unlock my front door and go inside.

------
Elleag POV.

I push Kyle off of me.
"Um. What was that for?" I ask, confused as to why he would kiss me.

"I really like you Elle. I have always wanted to kiss you, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable." He explains.

I stare at him for a few seconds, searching for anything that would show me that he's lying. After finding nothing, I decide to believe him.

"It's ok... Just give me a warning or a sign next time." I say laughing.

He chuckles and says, "Sure. Before you go, do you want to go out for lunch tomorrow?"

I consider the idea before responding with, "Sure, sounds like fun."

He then gives me a hug and walks back to his car.

I walk into the house know that the girls are going to press me for information.

I tip toe up the stairs so I wouldn't wake my mom, she has to work again tomorrow so I can't make any noise at all.

By the time I enter my room, all the girls are already in their pajamas and Yaz is asleep on one half of my bed. Jess and Princess are setting up a sleeping area on the floor with sleeping bags and loads of pillows.

"What were you doing with Kyle outside?" Jessica asks, practically pouncing on me. 

I tell her what happened as I change into my pajamas, which is just a tank covered in little cupcakes and matching shorts.

"You're going out with him tomorrow??" Princess interjects.
I nod.

"Oh look at you missy. Getting into a love triangle!" Jessica says while winking at me.

"Triangle?" I ask, confused since Lou would have to like me back to be in the triangle.

Jessica freezes at my question.

"Didn't you hear Mike talking about you?" Princess says.

Jess starts smiling again. 

"Yeah... Mike, and even Jake too. I overheard them whispering about how hot you are." Jess clarifies.

I raise my eyebrow at this foolishness. 

"Yeah right! Mike would never look at me that way, Jake too? HAA!! You guys are hilarious." I say while laughing.

Both Jess and Princess give me a straight face. Then they sigh and shake their heads.

I roll my eyes at them and sit down in the center of the circle of pillows and lean back onto the soft comfort. Jess sits down too followed by Princess and we spend an hour talking about anything and everything.

"Remember what Brielle said when the bottle landed on you?" Princess says, looking at me. 

"Yeah." I nod. 

"Why didn't I punch the shit out of her?" Jessica asks. 

"I agree. She's always such a bitch to you. What did you ever do to her?" Princess says, frustration clear in her voice. 

"Nothing, that bitch crazy." Yaz declares as I respond, "I have no idea." We all laugh, agreeing with Yaz. 

"Didn't you beat her in a talent show in the 7th grade or something?" Jessica suggests. 

"Yeah I did. But, that can't possibly be why." I say. We all sit and think really hard for a second. 

"Shit. How could we forget." Yaz says suddenly. "Remember how she was fat in middle school?" 

"Yeah..." We all respond. 

"Well, I'm pretty sure people would make fun of her weight and a couple guys told her that if she looked like you she would be hot." Yaz explains. 

We look at each other in shock. "Fuck. I think I remember that." Jess admits. 

"I feel so bad now." I frown. 

"You shouldn't. It's not your fault. Brielle should be mad at everyone who picked on her. Not you." Jess says. 

"Jess makes a good point." Princess agrees. 

"Yeah I agree with Jess. What they said to her was completely wrong, but, her picking on you won't fix anything." Yaz explains. 

"You guys are right." I admit. 

---------

Luemas POV.

After what I saw outside on Elle's porch, I jogged up to my room in my big empty house. I turned on the radio and listened to sad love songs as I thought about my situation. I was lonely in this house since my parents are pretty much never here, my friends were mostly douche bags so I didn't like hanging out with them out of school. The girl I've been in love with for since forever is probably going to date the ass that is Kyle and I still didn't know how I was going to pass that math test.

I run my hand through my hair and pull it while I groan in frustration.

I take one final deep breath and let sleep take me.