Chapter 8

"We are totally going to kill every guy in sight tonight!!" Yaz proclaims.
I laugh and roll my eyes at her. But, I don't blame her, we look fucking bomb.

The doorbell rings and I go to answer it knowing it would be Kyle.
"Wow. You look beautiful!" Kyle says as his eyes roam my body in a slightly uncomfortable way.

I brush it off and smile at his compliment. "Thank you..."

"Kyle's here!!" I yell up the stairs to the girls who are finishing up.

"We're done!!" I hear Jess yell back.

The girls come filing down, one by one.

Each of them looking gorgeous in their own different way.

"Hey Kyle!" They all say in union.

"Hey." Kyle responds without taking his eyes off me.

"Alright. Party TIMEE!" Yaz cheers, leading us all out.

I sit in the passenger seat beside Kyle while the other girls squeeze into the back.
-----

Luemas POV.

"Hey sexy..." she whispers in my ear in an attempt to be sexy.

I internally groan but force a smile on to my face.
"Brielle! Hi." I say.

I look at her skimpy outfit that leaves nothing to the imagination. Brielle is tall for a girl and very skinny. The super tight dress she's wearing is extremely unflattering.

"Let's dance." She proclaims as she drags me into the large group of people dancing at the center of the room. The music thumps as Brielle starts grinding on me.
I need to get out of here I think to myself.
As I look for a way to exit I notice Elle walking in with Kyle's crusty arm around her waist.

I look over her outfit and love how her dress flows over hips. Her legs look super long. As I make my way up to her face I find her piercing eyes looking at me.

I blush because of how I was staring at her. She laughs and starts to walk away towards Zendaya with her friends.
I decide to follow her so I can talk to her before Kyle tries to take advantage of her. I abruptly turn and start pushing through the crowd to reach her.

"Ouch!!" I hear the floor squeal.

I look down and hold back a laugh as I see Brielle sprawled out on the floor.

"Sorry." I say, trying not to burst out in laughter.
I extend my hand which she grabs on to as if she were drowning in the ocean.

"It's ok. I'm fine." She responds, adjusting herself.

I take that as my cue to turn and leave. When I finally get out of the sweaty grips of the dancers I look around to find Elle dancing on Kyle while holding a cup of who knows what.

I decide not to interrupt and instead talk to Jessica.

"Hey Jessica!" I greet her.

She looks at me skeptically but responds with a "Hey."

"So how's it going?" I ask trying to seem nonchalant.

She raises an eyebrow at me and responds, "It's going great. How's it going for you?"

"It's going ok." I respond honestly.

"What's your problem?" She asks.

Should I tell her what's really bothering me? Can I actually trust her?
Well she's not known for saying anything about other people's business so maybe I can trust her to keep a secret.
"Can you keep a secret?" I ask her.

"Of course." She replies with a calm and uninterested face. 

"Even if you can't tell Elle this?" I say.

She looks at me and smirks.

"You like her?" She asks.

I run my hand through my hair as I try to hide the blush that's forming on my face.

I look around the room to make sure no one is eavesdropping on our conversation. When I'm sure no one is paying us any attention I turn back to Jessica who is casually sipping on her drink.

"Yes." I finally admit.

Jessica nods. "Even if I told her she wouldn't believe me anyway. We've been trying to convince her you like her for the longest."

"What?!" I ask, shocked by her comment.

She starts laughing. 

"Nothing. You should go talk to her before Kyle can steal her heart." And with that Jessica walks away.