6 - Never Trust a Stranger

Chapter 6 ~ Never Trust a Stranger

~*~

I sigh for the hundred times feeling the boredom. It was just right before lunch and the whole morning classes was the most boring lesson I been in. Two classes I share with Polly, English and Math in advance class, in other words with the seniors. Oh joy!

Write now it was History, senior’s history and they are talking about the World War II something I already studied in the boarding school my previous guardian had sent me to.

My eyes soon began to get heavier as Mrs Monroe or was her name Moore, anyway, she continues to talk about the war while I struggle to hold my eyes open. I began chanting excuses in my head why I should open my eyes but nothing seems to work as thought soon drift to nothingness and my eyes remained close that is until I heard a giggles.

The giggles were unmistakable a child giggles and I was sure it this child wasn’t far away from me as the giggles were loud. Quickly opening my eyes, I jumped from my seat as a pair of green eyes stares at me face to face startling me in the process.

“Miss Valentine, is there a problem?” Mrs Monroe or Moore look at me annoyed for disturbing her class.

I look at her before drifting my gaze to the little girl staring up at me with an innocent smile on her face before moving my gaze back to her. “I…” I trailed off as I cleared my throat. “There was a spider.” I lied.

Some of the girls near my table soon fidgets and began look around when I said the word ‘spider’. “Settle down.” Mrs Monroe or Moore said before look back at me. “Miss Valentine please takes a sit and please don’t interrupt my lesson again.” I nod my head and sat back down while she continues with her lesson.

“Sorry.” The little girl said looking guilty. I nod my head and smile a bit before looking at my textbook, pretending to listen to the lesson. “Can you play with me?”

I look back at the little girl, her curly hair was tied up apart on both side of her head as the hair falls just inches above her shoulder. Her face was shape in a heart with a straight, small nose reminding me of a button. Her bottom lips were fuller that her upper one which looks more like a line but her lips was pale pink something I always wish I had. Her skin was still flawless and pale like her silver-blonde hair.

I look back down on my book before stealing a glance at the child who looks upset. “Play with me!” She demanded angrily stomping her foot. I look back at her with blank expression, letting her know her spoiled attitude doesn’t have any effects on me.

She moved to my side, arms cross on her chest as she glares at me. At the corner of my eyes I can clearly see her floral pattern dress with a cup sleeves and the hem reach just below her knees while she wore a nude-peachy sandals. “Play. With. Me!”

The tables soon began to shake slightly startling everyone in class before they looked panic. I sigh once again before rubbing my temples in a circler motion trying to calm myself.

When I was a child I always believe that ghost can lift or move stuff like we see in horror films but five years ago, I learn that they can’t do such thing. In fact they do something more annoying. They release an energy causing things to shake like there’s an earthquake like what is happening now or they can focus on one object and that one object can cause more damage than you thought once it explode into bits.

“I play with you later.” I said in a low voice but I knew she heard me as the shaking stops making people in the room sigh in relief before they broke into chatters telling each other how they are freaked out by the ‘earthquake’.