23 - Realisation

Chapter 23 ~ Realisation

~*~

“Um…I’m Jill.” I said extending my hand towards him.

“Nice to meet you Jill, I’m Peter.” He said and grabs my hand a shake it a few times before letting it go. “I’m guessing that you can either see her or hear her if she sent you here.”

I look at him before looking at Fay for explanation. She giggle at him but look embarrass when she realise I was looking at her. “Um…we kind of made a promise that if one of us dies; we have to find someone to help us communicate to each other again.”

I roll my eyes but nod at the same time. His smile got wider and his eyes glints with excitement. “I never met anyone who can see ghost!” He said way too cheerful for my liking.

“Just tell him what we came here for.” Will says beside me.

“Look, I got a message from your um…”

“Fiancée.” He said still smiling. “I know, that’s why you’re here, right?” I nod, frowning. “So what does she want to tell me?” I was about to tell him when he interrupt me and said “Oh, can you tell her we’ll be together soon!”

Startle, I stare at him in shock. He’s words didn’t please me at all or what it really means. “Here’s the thing. Your fiancée or ex-fiancée isn’t please with you at the moment.”

He’s smile was replace with confusion as he ask, “What do you mean?”

I sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose. “She doesn’t want you to try and kill yourself, just so you can be together again, she wants you to…” I trail off and look at Fay.

“I want him to accept that I’m dead and he’s alive and we can’t be together.” She said and I repeat her every word.

“She also said she wants you to move on and be with someone.” I finish looking at him sternly.

He continues to look at me in confusion before it was replaced with anger. He stood up suddenly making the arm chair screech backward making me wince from the sound.

“What the hell? Doesn’t she understand that I love her too much to just move on like that?” He yelled. “Why do you want me to move on?” He whispers the last sentence looking hurt and broken, if it was possible.”

“She said she loves you but seeing you like this kills her.” I repeated her words. “She’s begging you to just stop trying to commit suicide.”

That’s when things got ugly. Peter what so piss off that he flip the coffee table up side down to the point I have to jump off the love seat or it would had hit me. He walks to the wall and punch it before breaking more stuff.

“His neighbour will start complaining if he continues this.” Will says beside me.

“Please help him!” Fay begs standing beside Peter who now has bloody hands.

“Would you stop that you big idiot!” I screamed making Peter stop mid-punch. He looks at me with wide eyes. I huff and glare at him. “Don’t you understand what you are doing to her?”

“You’re hurting her whenever you try to hurt yourself!” I let out a frustrated scream before glaring back at him. “All she wanted is to you to be happy again and to love someone again! Someone who can love you back and share the same experience you felt with Fay!”

“She understands that she can never make you happy anymore, now that she’s gone from your side, that’s why she wanted you to move on.” My voice cracks at the end and barely audible.