22 - Helping Out

Chapter 22 ~ Helping Out

~*~

“Oh honey, look at you.” Grandma Mo said as soon as she got a glimpse of my face. “You young lady need to go to bed and rest.” I open my mouth but shut it close as she gave me her stern look. “March young lady.”

I groan but did what I was told. Mentally I was thankful but at the same time, I didn’t want to stay tuck in bed doing nothing to distract me.

A set of footsteps echoed behind me telling me that grandma Mo had followed me to my room. “I want you to lie down while I get you something to eat.”

I nod my head and head to my wardrobe, changing into something more comfortable to sleep on. Once changed I head back to my bed under grandma Mo’s supervision.

She tucks me in before kissing my forehead. “I’ll be back with some soup after I called your school, okay?”

I nod my head and watch her leave my room, closing the door behind her. I sigh and close my eyes only to open them again, feeling someone shakes me gently.

“How are you feeling?” Grandma Mo said. She leans towards my night stand and took a tray with a soup bowl and a steaming hot chocolate on it.

“I fell asleep.” I mumble before thanking grandma Mo as she passes me the tray.

I inhale deeply, loving the smell of the chicken soup.

“Once you’re done eating, go back to sleep and I’ll get the tray later, okay?” I nod my head and watch grandma Mo leave my room once again.

After eating everything on the tray, I place the tray on my nightstand and rest my head on my pillow. I close my eyes and smile when a familiar arm wraps around my waist and whispers soothing words.

“Goodnight, my JJ.” Will whispers just before I fell into deep slumber.

I woke up from a sound of someone crying and begging. “Please I need her help.” The voice said which now I realise a woman’s voice was.

I groan and rub my eyes with the back of my hand and heard someone cuss. I look around and soon found Will standing in front of a woman. I frown but didn’t say anything.

“Please, you got to help me!” She begs.

I look at Will who sigh and pinch the bridge of his nose. “I’m telling you she’s sick, can’t you come back some other time?” Will said, frustrated.

“Don’t you understand? I don’t have much time!” She yelled at Will before looking at me with a pleading look. “Please, save him!”

Confuse and startle I look at her in panic. “What do you mean?”

“I don’t have much time please just come to our apartment at Hurston Court. I’ll explain everything there!” With that being said, she suddenly vanishes.

“What just happen?” I look at the empty spot where the woman once stood.

“I think she’s one of those people who are trap in a certain place.” I frown at Will as I watch him make his way back to bed. “They’re usually people who are attached to a certain someone or places, making them have a certain limits where they can go.”

“But she was just here?”

“Technically, she wasn’t. That was more like a projector or half of her.”

“What do you think she meant ‘save him’?”

Will shrugs his shoulder before stroking my cheek. “Don’t think about that now, just rest for now, okay?”