21 - Decision!

Chapter 21 ~ Decision!

~*~

During dinner Jason and I sat opposite to each other. Time to time I would catch him staring at me and when I look at him he would look down rather than flirting with me like he usually do.

Travis, Andy, Brad and even Nick notice this little gesture while Danny rolls his eyes before continue eating his food.

The only people who seems oblivious was Rachel who was playing with her food as she sulk and my grandparents who seems to be in arguement over what they should buy for the flower shop.

After dinner, I head straight to my room not bothering to help out like I usually do. Just as I jump onto my bed a soft knock made me groan.

“Who is it?” I said loud enough so they can hear me.

“It’s Polly, can I come in?”

I jump off the bed and quickly open the door. Polly stood there with an unsure smile. “Come on in.” I said.

Polly walks in and sat on my bed before looking at. “Tell me what’s bothering you.”

I sigh and sat on the floor and told her everything that happens in the car and what I told Jackie. By the time I finish the story someone knock on my door.

I groan and got up, opening the door. “Hey, how are you holding up?” Jackie asks looking at me with concern.

I don’t know what came over me but I cried on the spot. Jackie looks at me in panic before embracing me.

I cried and cried while Jackie and Polly comforts me, telling me that everything would be alright and things would work out.

“What should I do?” I sniff. “I like both of them but I’m not even sure who I like the most!”

“Well, it’s not really that hard, I mean one is dead for crying out load!” Polly said before smacking her lips with her hand and stare at me with wide eyes.

Again I start crying. “Oh, great.” Jackie mumbles.

Polly apologises but I was too busy crying to actually pay attention but I knew one thing. Will was dead and I’m in love with a dead person.

“I don’t want to let him go, I’m not ready yet.” I cried out.

Jackie holds me into another embrace as he rock us back forth while Polly pats my shoulder and tries to cheer me up.

“No one is forcing you to move on quickly.” Polly said as she continues. “You just have to take one step at a time.” Jackie agreed.

I pulled away from Jackie and look at both of them before forcing a smile. “You’re right. I’ll take things as slow as I can.” I lied.

Jackie and Polly stood up and said their goodnight. Once they were away from ear shoot, I jump on my bed and cried until a familiar hand starts to run his hand on my hair.

“Why are you crying?” He whispers.

I sat up and look at his hazel eyes. I sniff and throw myself at him. “You’re not going to leave me are you?”

Will wraps his arm around me and hugged me tightly as he buried his face at the crock of my neck. “I’ll be here as long as you want.” I hugged him tighter as I felt him tuck me in bed.

I didn’t let go and he seems like he didn’t mind as he leaves one of his arm around my shoulder while the other drape around my waist. “Goodnight my JJ.” He whispers as I felt myself drift into sleep.

I woke up with my eyes all puff out and my head aching. “Will?” I look around my room only to be greeted by silence. I groan, getting out of the bed and heading to the bathroom.

I quickly took a shower staying longer than usual. After the shower, I dry myself and got dress as quick as a person with headache can get dress. Without doing my make up or my hair I head to the kitchen hoping to find some aspirin.

“What’s wrong with you?” Rachel asks bitterly.

I glance at her before continuing my search for aspirin. I heard her mumble under her breath calling me a weirdo before strolling off. Jason soon came in next but stop at the door hesitating. “Um, what are you looking for?” He ask but sounding like he was unsure as well.

“Aspirin.” I said. Rather than replying, Jason move inside the kitchen and open a cupboard I haven’t check before he took out a green tin box. “It’s in here.” He said before walking back to the dinning hall.

I took an aspirin and swallow it with water before walking into the dinning hall. Andy, Travis was eating breakfast with Jackie opposite them. Rachel was no where to be seen and Jason was reading the newspaper like an old man.

Jackie turns around when I took a seat beside him and I heard him choke on his food before gulping a glass of apple juice. “Are you alright?” He’s voice was filled with concern as he studies my face.

I nod my head and gave him a weak smile. “Headache.” I said.

“Are you sure?” I nod again. “Is this something to do about what we talk about last night?” I froze. At the corner of my eyes I saw Jason’s hand tense up.

“No, I just got a really bad headache.” I said half lied and half told him the truth.