Epilogue

*5 Years Later*

"Mommy?" a small voice asks. "Will you help me get dressed?" I look down at my adorable five-year-old, Celeste, and back at my own pregnant belly. "Never fear, Daddy is here!" Ryder walks into the room with flourish. He takes Celeste's hand and leads her out. "Come on, princess. I'll help you get changed." I smile to myself. Ryder's the best. We're getting ready for Amber and Ethan's wedding. That's right; They're getting married! I'm the maid of honor, while Mia and Michelle are bridesmaids. Ryder is Ethan's best man and Celeste is the flower girl.

Things have changed a lot around here. First off, there's Celeste. I got pregnant with her when I was nineteen. She's four now. We live in a nice house in Clearwater, Florida. Amber is my next-door neighbor, and Mia and Drake live just across the street with their twin boys, Daniel and Jason. Max and Hayden live in different states, but they come to visit often. Alex and Michelle settled a couple towns away with their son, Brett, and their daughters, Alice and Amy.

Now Max is dating a pretty brunette named Rose. She's cool. Hayden hasn't gotten anybody yet, but I know he will.  As of right now, I'm 8 months pregnant with my second child. Ryder and I haven't determined the sex of our baby. We want it to be a surprise. I have a beautiful deep blue dress to wear for the wedding. I'm hoping I can manage in high heels and a long dress. If I can, I'm extremely talented. We all went shopping for dresses with Amber, and do you know what she chose? She chose a deep purple (YES PURPLE!!!) dress with glittery stuff all over it. I can just imagine the look on Ethan's face when he sees that dress. Which is why I'm bringing my camera.

***

It's 10:58. Two minutes till the wedding. I stand nervously at the front of the church with the other bridesmaids. We cluster around each other nervously. "God, I hope I don't trip!" Mia says anxiously. "Me too!" Michelle and I chirp simultaneously. The organ music starts to play. Almost time! "Wait, who's going first?" Michelle asks. "You are!" Mia and I say in unison. "Oh no. Unh unh. Not happening." The march gets louder. "ITS TIME!" I yell at Michelle and push her to the door. She gives us the finger, before calmly walking through the entrance and out towards the altar.

Mia trails behind her, and I follow suit. Don't trip. Don't trip. Don't trip. I concentrate on Ryder's face as I make my way down the aisle. My dad claps silently as I pass him. Yes, he's back. My mother sits beside him, snuggled up against his side. I give them both a smile before turning my attention back to Ryder. He smiles at me and I smile back. Then he crosses his eyes, which almost makes me laugh aloud.

When I finally reach the altar and Amber and Ethan go through their vows and shit, I can't help but think about what wonderful futures we all have. Amber and Ethan. Amber, a pediatric nurse. Ethan, an architect. Ryder and I. I, an author. Ryder, an owner of several hotels. Alex and Michelle. Alex, a professional football player. Michelle, a stay-at-home mom. Mia and Drake. Mia, a marine biologist. Drake, a stay-at-home dad. Max and Rose. Rose, a singer. Max, a convenience store owner. And, of course, Hayden, who's an accomplished oncologist.

We all show so much promise in life. As Amber and Ethan finish the vows, I know everything's going to work out for the best. We're all going to excel in life. Survive. That's what humans were meant to do. No matter what, love and faith will bind us to those we love, through thick and thin. The preacher says, "You may now kiss the bride." Amber and Ethan share a passionate kiss, and I'm overwhelmed with joy for them.

***

"AHHHH!" I scream. Soaked in sweat, I lie on the hospital bed, panting. I squeeze my eyes shut against the pain and hold Ryder's hand tighter. "Just one more push, Lily. I can see the top of the baby's head," the doctor says. I nod quickly and use my best efforts.

Seconds later, I hear a wail. "It's a girl!" the doctor says triumphantly. "What's her name?" "Um..." I look at Ryder. He says, "I think her name should be Tiana." I smile up at him. "I think that's absolutely perfect."

***

Later, when we are home, I look around me. At Celeste, at Tiana. At Ryder. I have so many blessings in life. And I went through a hell of a journey to get them. Falling for Ryder was like going through hell, but also the best thing that ever happened to me. So, without further thought, I sit down at my writer's desk, pen in hand. And I begin my story, You're My Sunset.

Authors note: ITS THE END!!! IM SO SAD!!!!! But I'm really glad of how this story turned out. I love it!!! Thank you to all of my supporters who've been there through all of it. Thank you for the reads, comments, and votes. I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!

All my love,

Em