Chapter 21 - A Day In Heaven

"Wake up!" I groaned, trying to get away from the annoying voice that kept calling to me. "Ugh," I complained and turned around again..straight into something rock-hard.

I opened my eyes and saw a shirt. Not just any shirt. The shirt of a guy with drool-worthy, dare I say sexy, abs. I immediately scrambled up and away from him. God, did I fall asleep on a stranger's shoulder?! Then I looked up and saw his face. Max. He was laughing at my expression. I folded my arms. "Jerk." He responded by poking me in the chest. I slapped him and stood up to go to the bathroom.

When I'm finished, I saw food on my tray. Food! Then I noticed Max leaning over, his hand dangerously close to my orange. I quickly ran to my seat, slapping his hand away. "Get your own food!" He smiled cheekily. "Why would I eat my own food when I could steal yours, princess?" he asked. I rolled my eyes in response and ate my breakfast, if you could call it that.

***

"We're landing!" Max exclaimed excitedly. I rolled my eyes. "No shit Sherlock." He jabbed me in the ribs, and I retaliated, and soon we had a full-on war going. But before we have to time to finish it, the plane landed, and we drove to our cabins.

***

The first cabin was going to house Amber, Hayden, Max, me, Ryder, Mia, and Drake. There was no way I was going to sleep with Ryder until we got everything sorted out, so I guessed I'd be sharing a room with Max. Not that I minded. I quickly staked out my claim to one of the larger bedrooms, and threw my bag on the bed by the bureau. I opened the drawers and began putting away my clothes. I was startled by a voice behind me saying, "Nice bra collection there, princess." 

My face flushed pink at Max, standing in the doorway with an adorable smirk. "Asshole," I muttered and put the remainder of my stuff away. By now, Max had already set up residence on the second bed, close to mine. "So are we doing anything today?" I asked him. He smirked. "I didn't know you liked that kind of stuff, Lily." I gasped as I caught his meaning. "You jerk!"

***

The group decided that that day was going to be a fun day. We would do anything and everything. I changed into a bikini so that we could go swimming. I grabbed my beach bag and wandered down to the little private beach we had reserved. Ah, bless Amber's wonderful photography skills. I spread my blanket on the sand and dashed down to where the group was standing, waiting on me. "Finally!" Amber exclaimed and I rolled my eyes. The girls started going to the water, their boyfriends dutifully by their sides. As I followed them, I could feel both Ryder and Max ogling me. I whipped around suddenly, surprising them, caught in the act of staring. "Like what you see?" I taunted, swaying my hips a bit. I could practically feel their awestruck gazes. I laughed and ran out into the open surf. Nope! Kidding! Max wouldn't have that, damn him.

He ran up behind me, picking me up bridal style. "Max!" I screeched. "Put me down!" "If you say so, princess," he said with a smirk. And he dunked me.

The salt water hit with a sting, causing me to choke and cough. I surfaced quickly enough to see Max's sexy figure disappearing into the waves up ahead. "Oh, no you don't!" I yelled and dashed forward to chase him. When I finally caught up with him, we had a mini water fight. It wasn't until it was over did I realize that Ryder and Ethan weren't in the water with the group. They were over on the beach, laying on their towels, talking to each other with serious expressions.

Ryder's p.o.v

I hate it! Damn her! Damn love. I'm sitting on my towel, watching Max and Lily play in the water. I don't have to worry about Max trying to steal her from me, because we've already had a talk,  and Max assured me that he likes Lily just as a friend. Still, it bothers me. I should be out there. I should be playing with her, kissing her, holding her. But I'm not. I don't know when, or even if, she's going to work things out with me. Amber told her the truth yesterday, but I don't expect her to fall at my feet begging for forgiveness. It's not her style. She'll probably approach me slow and smooth, give me a chance to explain, and we'll make up. At least that's what I'm telling myself. I miss her like fucking crazy. I miss kissing her, tasting her sweet lips, I miss the late-night make outs, the romantic cliché dates, the fun we have together. Honestly, I'd better check and make sure my penis is there, because I'm turning into a girl. I physically crave her kisses. Right now I'm talking my situation over with Ethan, who is a surprisingly good listener. It's in exchange for information on who he likes. God, I hope it's not Cupcake..