Chapter 7 - The Talk

Amber's p.o.v

"Do you like Ryder?" was the first thing out of my mouth when I saw Lily again. "No, course not," she said. But I could tell. I could see it in her eyes. She did like him, she just hadn't realized it yet. I knew Ryder liked her. I could see it every time he looked at her. And frankly, I thought they'd make a perfect couple. I don't believe it was mentioned before, but I am very good at setting people up. Hell, I could be a professional matchmaker! And I was determined to get Lily and Ryder to be boyfriend-girlfriend.

                                                                               ***

I obtained Ryder's address from Hayden and went to his house that afternoon. It was time to have The Talk with him. I found him in his room, playing a game on his laptop. "I need to talk to you," I stated. "Kay," he answered and paused the game. "First you have to answer a question, and answer it honestly!" I said.

"Do you like Lily?" He blushed and mumbled, "Yeah." "Yes!" I pumped my fist in the air. "I knew it!" "Anyways, Ryder, I'm here to give you a warning, some advice, and a little heads-up. Which would you like to hear first?" "The warning," he said. I nodded and started my speech. "I think Lily really does like you, she just hasn't realized it yet. But she will, and when she does, you better accept her. My point is, Lily is very distrusting. Once you have her trust, don't you ever break it. Because if you do, she won't ever let you back in again. If I find her crying one day over you, the first place I'll go is here. And I will kick your ass all the way across the Pacific Ocean, chop you to pieces, and feed your remains to the sharks!" I snarled. "Do you understand me?"

He nodded meekly. I smirked inwardly. He'd probably never had a girl speak to him that way before. "Next the heads-up," Ryder requested. I nodded. "Just FYI, I'm a damn good matchmaker, and I'm going to do everything possible to set you and Lily up. I'm not telling you what I'm planning, but everybody's helping." He nodded.

"Lastly, the advice." I said. "First off, Lily's delicate. Once you get her to trust you, which will take some time, you'd better not break that trust or hurt her in any way, or you'll most likely never get her back. Second, don't push her or go too fast. Keep in mind that she's had her heart broken before, and it will take her a while to give in to you. Until then, don't push her into trusting you and don't try to kiss her or anything until she's ready for it. Just be there for her. That's all you can do." Ryder nodded. "I'm gonna try my best." "Okay," I said, and left the room.

                                                                          ***

I met up with Hayden, Drake, and Mia at a café on the corner to discuss the master plan. The first thing we were going to do was make them go to a party together and get drunk. Well, one of them at least. The plan was to keep Ryder sober the whole time, and get Lily drunk so he'd feel compelled to take her home with him and take care of her. Once Lily woke up in the morning, we were hoping she'd figure out that Ryder really cared for her. Then that'd be the first step.

The next plan is to put them together in a situation where Lily needs comfort, from anybody who's willing to provide it. For instance, Lily's scared silly of thunder and lightning because it was storming outside when her dad died and when her boyfriend left her. Whenever there's thunder and lightning outside, Lily usually sits with her mom and she holds her and comforts her. But if it's just her and Ryder, she'll look to him for comfort. And this might get Lily to realize she likes him. I'm determined to at least try.