Chapter 11 - A Prank And Twerking Leads To The Truth

Ryder's p.o.v

I really like Cupcake, and I want to do something with her that exposes my personality. I need her to see that while I'm not nearly as "bad boy" as she thought, I do get in trouble and I love to laugh. I'd like to pull a prank with her. That'd be fun, and it would expose my true personality. But what should it be? It'd be fun to slip something in someone's drink and get them high, but that's a little much for her, I think. I really think we should pull a prank on Claudia. That would be hilarious. Absolutely hilarious. I'm not sure what we should do. Maybe Cupcake will have an idea. I'll text her.

R: Hey Cupcake

L: Why r u texting me ryder

R: I think we should pull a prank on claudia

L: What kind of prank

R: Not sure yet any ideas

L: (thinking)

L: I got it! Let's throw paint filled balloons on her and her group!

R: Brilliant!

L: ikr I'm so talented

R: we can get amber and hayden to help us

L: K

R: meet me at my house before school tomorrow we'll  get our ammo

L: K

This is going to be fun, I thought.

Lily's p.o.v

I met Ryder at his house that morning. We drove to the store and got 8 balloons (2 for each person) and some different colored paint. Once we had our gear, we met up with Amber and Hayden at school and hid in the girl's bathroom. We waited and finally they showed up: Claudia, Rosella, Carrie, and Callie. We exchanged evil smirks before Amber hurled her balloons into Carrie's face.

She managed to stay out of sight and slipped away while Carrie was crying over her ruined outfit. Two seconds later, Hayden attacked Callie and joined Amber in running away. While Claudia wasn't looking, I hit her in the face with my two balloons. I ran away as she was screaming, laughing my head off. After a second or so, I heard a loud SPLAT! and Ryder joined me in the hall. We slowed down as we neared the lockers. Breathlessly, Ryder winked and said, "That was fun, wasn't it?" "It sure was," I replied with a smile.

                                                                 *LATER THAT DAY*

After school, we all went to Amber's house and played regular Truth or Dare. Mia and Drake came too. Amber went first.

"Truth or dare?" I asked. She picked dare. Mia whispered something in my ear, and I grinned evilly. "Go to the kitchen," I ordered. "And eat a bite of your mother's cake."

Amber's mother tried very hard on her cakes, but never could get them right. No matter what she did, the cake always ended up tasting absolutely terrible. The first and only time I had tried her cake, I spent the night throwing up. Amber hated her mother's cakes just as much as I did. Her face blanched, but she bravely got up and fetched the cake.

Her hand swiped off the tiniest bite of frosting. She put it in her mouth and made disgusting faces as she somehow swallowed it. We just sat there and watched, laughing so much it hurt. Hayden was next. He picked truth. "Have you ever had sex with a girl while dating another one?" Amber asked. He shook his head. We moved on. It was my turn, and I, of course, picked dare. Unfortunately.

Amber whispered something in Mia's ear and when Mia smirked, I knew I was in trouble. "I want you to do a lap dance....Right in front of the person to your left." We gasped, Ryder in shock, me in embarrassment.

Because, of course, he was the one to my left. I sighed. I'd never been one to turn down a dare.... "All right, fine. Put on Love Me Like You Do." Amber got up and soon the song was blasting over her speakers. I sighed and got down in front of Ryder and started twerking it to the beat of the song. His eyes widened and I smirked inwardly. "You like what you see?" I taunted him. He blushed a crimson red and looked away. Everybody ended up laughing, even Ryder and I. 

Later that evening, when Ryder was taking me home, he said, " I really like you." I was surprised. I dipped my head, not sure what to say. Finally I stuttered, "I like you, too.."

His face lit up like a Christmas tree, and I was touched. Did I really mean that much to him? It seemed impossible. He was the bad boy,  the player. They don't fall for girls. Ever. "How do I know you're sincere?" I asked him warily. He answered, "You don't. You can't tell yet if I'm sincere. But if you'll give me time, I can prove it to you." "Is there anything you can do right now to prove you really like me?" He hesitated. "Yes," he said. And he slammed his lips down on mine.