Chapter 16 - Amber's p.o.v (surprise!)

Authors note: I am dedicating this chapter to my good friends, @bigfoot5500 (Ethan Reid) and @bigfootsgirlfriend50 (Amber Mork) in celebration of their everlasting love. Best wishes, guys!

I like being with Hayden, I really do. I might even go so far as to say I love him. I think he's The One. I'm quite happy with him as my boyfriend. The others are happy, too. Especially Lily and Ryder. I'm so glad they finally started dating! They love each other. I've known since the first day that Ryder loves Lily, but only recently could I tell Lily loves him back. She doesn't even realize she does! But I can see it on her face. Whenever she smiles, whenever she laughs, whenever she's with him. I desperately hope they won't ever break up, but they're bound to eventually. Even true love has it's faults.

If they do break up, I'll be pretty much obligated to kick Ryder's butt, although I must say, he's all right. Drake and Mia are by far the best couple in our group. They started dating first, and they are like, deeply in love. I honestly think they're perfect for each other. Drake is so sweet and kind around Mia, as Hayden is around me, and Ryder is around Lily. Honestly, it's like their badboy personalities disappear when they're around us. I'm so glad we all decided to give them a chance.

Hayden and I are going on a date tonight. We're going swimming in his pool, then going out to eat afterwards. I'm looking forward to it greatly. Our dates are always fun-filled. They usually involve lots of flirting, teasing, playing, and laughter. I think the only date we were completely serious on was the one when Hayden asked me out. That date was the best I've ever been on......

                                                                        ***Beginning of Flashback***

We were at Momma's Diner on 7th Street. I had a plate of spaghetti and meatballs in front of me and was sipping a caramel shake. Hayden fiddled with his thumbs and ran his hands through his hair, making him look even more cute. He was acting so nervous, I didn't know what to think. He looked like he was dreading yet excited for something. I didn't say anything, though. I didn't want to interrupt the simple silence between us. Suddenly, he whipped a prettily wrapped box from his pocket and gave it to me. "I got you a gift," he explained shakily. I smiled and opened it. Inside was a beautiful necklace. It had a simple silver chain. The pendant was a small purple heart with diamonds outlining it. "Thank you!" I cried, leaning over to hug him. He lifted my hair and fastened the necklace around my neck, his touch exciting sparks of desire in my heart. He went back to his seat and took my hand. He sighed, as if preparing for a big speech. He said, "Amber, I really like you. You are my world. I want to spend every waking moment of my life with you. Please, would you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?"

I was stunned. I don't know what exactly I HAD expected, but it wasn't that. So I sat there in shocked silence for a couple of seconds before what he had asked fully processed in my brain. Then, I flung my arms around his neck, kissed him on the lips, and practically screamed, "OMG, YES!!!" He laughed and gave me a passionate hug. I pulled back and looked at him. My heart melted. I leaned in and kissed him again, joyfully.

                                                                           ***End of Flashback***

Today's date is fun. I could tell by the way Hayden kept looking at me as he drove to his house. When we got there, I almost screamed. He built me a beach in his backyard! There's a lounge chair beside a big maple, and several beach balls and inflated toys float in his pool. I run to him and kiss him soundly. He laughs and we run to the pool and dive in. I grab the sun raft and lay down on it. I close my eyes in contentment. The sun warms my skin. Cool waves splash over the raft, and I'm so happy it's ridiculous. The cool breeze ripples the water softly, sending a nice splash over the raft. I sigh in contentment. I feel Hayden's presence beside me and open one eye just in time to see him send an enormous splash over the raft, completely soaking me. I reach my hand up to smack his arm, but the smack never makes it. He tips the raft sideways, throwing me into the pool. I surface quickly and look around for Hayden. I hear  a small CRACK and turn to see Hayden running away quickly. "Oh, no you don't!" I snarl and run after him. He darts away, but I'm faster. I catch him and lift him over my shoulder, with effort. I pin his arms together and carry him back to the pool. He catches an upside-down glimpse of the water, and begs for his freedom. "Please, no! I'll do anything!" "DENIED!" I scream and dunk him in the pool. He comes up spluttering and coughing. I sit over in the lounge chair, laughing my face off.

                                                                                                    ***

Later, Hayden approaches my lounge chair and scoots me until he can sit down , too. "You wanna go eat now, Angel?" Yes, Mr. Badboy calls me Angel. Don't judge. "Sure," I say and we run to his car after I change into my tank top and shorts. We drive to Momma's Diner without even discussing where we are going. Momma's Diner is our place. We go there every time we eat together. We pull into the parking lot and walk inside. "Aw, my two favorite lovebirds!" says Momma Adelyn. She owns this restaurant, and has become quite close with us. "What'll it be tonight?" she asks heartily. "What do you recommend?" "Well, the new soup is very good." I nodded eagerly. "I'll have that with a vanilla frap." She writes on her notepad and turns to Hayden. "A burger, fries, and a Monster." She nods and briskly walks off to the kitchen.

When our food arrives, we eat for a few minutes in silence. I steal some fries from his plate. He looks up from his food and says, "Let's go outside, if you're done." I nod, we pay, and walk outside. He leans against the hood of his car and says, "Amber, I love you. I need you to know that." My breath catches. He loves me. He loves me! HE LOVES ME! Tears form in my eyes, and I quickly whisper, "I love you, too." He catches me by the arm and we kiss, a kiss as full of love as a kiss can be.

Authors note: So I hope you guys liked this chapter! It's sort of a filler. Anyways, don't forget to comment and VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!

All my love,

Em