Chapter 10 - The Beach

"Hey," Ryder said as he was walking me to class on Friday. "You wanna go on a date?" "Where to?" I asked. "How about the beach?" I nodded eagerly. I love the beach! He said, "I'll pick you up around eight." I said okay.

       That next morning, I had precisely one hour to get ready. I took a shower and put on my favorite bikini, one that was light blue with stars sprinkled over it. I packed my yellow beach bag with a towel, a sundress, an umbrella, tanning lotion, food, and water. I put my hair in a ponytail and slid into my sandals. I'd asked Ryder to bring one of his t-shirts for me to wear over my bikini. I could just wear my sundress, but I liked wearing his clothes.

      Ryder pulled up and I stuck my head out the door. "Toss me the T-shirt!" I commanded. For some reason, I didn't want him to see me in my bikini yet. He threw the shirt, and I reached out, caught it, and slipped it on over my bikini. I put on my sunglasses and we drove to the beach. When we got there, I opened my umbrella and put my beach bag under it so my water wouldn't get overly hot. I spread my towel and laid on it. I put on some tanning lotion, laid back, and closed my eyes. Before long, I felt Ryder lay down beside me and snake his arm around my waist. I relaxed into his arms and we cuddled until I somehow ended up on top of him.

          He kissed me and I hesitated, then accepted it. As if they had a mind of their own, my arms lifted up to wind around his neck. The kiss deepened and bloomed like a flower. Magic is the only word I could use to describe it. Then we heard a cough and looked up. "When you two are done sucking each other's faces off, let's go have some fun!" I blushed madly. It was Amber, Hayden beside her. Hayden and Ryder walked off and Amber came to me. "Guess what?!" She practically screamed at me. "Hayden and I are dating!" I gave her a thumbs-up and a hug. "Mia and Drake are dating, too." "That only leaves one couple..." She noted. I shook my head. If I was going to date Ryder, he'd have to be the one to ask.

The boys came strolling back and I said, "Let's go in the water." Amber nodded. She stripped and was left in her golden bikini. Hayden looked impressed. They walked towards the water hand in hand. "Come on, Ryder," I said, urging him toward the water. He sighed and followed me. I stripped, exposing my bikini. Ryder whistled and I blushed. We walked to the water, and he slipped his hand in mine protectively. I almost laughed aloud. Of course. All the boys were practically eye-raping me, and you could clearly see JEALOUS stamped across Ryder's forehead. We went in the water. I got there first, and laid in wait.

Just as Ryder was about to get in, I splashed him full in the face. He came up spluttering and coughing. "Oh, you'll pay for that!" he said. He heaved me up over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. "Ryder! Ryder, put me down!" I protested. "If you say so," he said, with a twinkle in his eyes. He dunked me. I kicked him and he retaliated. We went on like that for a while, playing. I know that sounds little-kiddish, but we were. Nearby, Hayden and Amber were doing the same thing.

We finally got out, a couple of hours later. We went and laid on my towel. With the warm sun on my face, and Ryder's warm arms around my waist, I drifted off to sleep.