Chapter 18 - I Hate My Ex

"Hey," Ryder said sidling up to me before 1st period. "There's a party at Mark's place tonight. Gonna be a big bash, I heard. Whole school's coming. You in?" "Sure," I said without enthusiasm. Parties aren't really my thing. Something always goes wrong. People get hurt, people break up, people get shocked traumatically. But I would go, I decided, for Ryder's sake.

                                                                          ***

After school, I went home to get dressed. It was a formal party, so I guessed I'd have to wear a dress. To be honest, I don't really like dresses. I'd rather go in jeans and a tank, but Ryder wanted me to wear a dress. I took a shower then stood contemplating my dresses. They were mostly blue, but I was tired of blue. I wanted something different. I had precisely one black dress, and decided to wear it. It was sleeveless and a little low-cut. I wore my black flats, curled my hair, and did my makeup smokey eye. I walked downstairs to wait for Ryder.

When he pulled up, I saw he was dressed in jeans and a T-shirt. How come he gets to dress casual and I don't? He opened the door for me and we quickly drove to Mark's house, which wasn't far. I was curious as to how Ryder knew where he lived, since he hadn't spoken two words to Mark since he moved here. But then again, this was Ryder. Who knows with him?

The party was in full swing. Like 20 disco balls spun from the ceiling. We immediately headed to the dance floor and waited for a good song to come on. After a while, Timber by Pitbull came on. This is my second favorite song, and I yanked Ryder to the center of the dance floor. He started to spin me around, something he knows I love. I laughed crazily and started moving my hips to the music. I noticed several guys looking at Ryder enviously. I almost started laughing as I felt his hand tighten on my waist. When the song ended, he said, "I'm going to go find Hayden. Stay here." I nodded and he went off. I sat down on the old shag sofa and pulled out my phone. I started sifting through my calls and texts, which were many. Apparently Amber had decided she needed to bomb my phone with random texts and text every letter in the alphabet to me.

"Hey," a painfully familiar voice said. I looked up quickly, taking everything in. He hadn't changed   a bit. I narrowed my eyes, not ready to forgive him, even after these years. "Dirk," I hissed through clenched teeth. "What are you doing here?" "Partying," he replied in a 'duh' voice. I turned away. "Look, Rosella and I, we're done. And I was wondering if, you would wanna be with me again?" I gasped. Who did he think he was, coming here and asking me out? Especially after what he'd done! The nerve! Still, I forced myself to be calm. "No, thank you. I have a boyfriend." His fists clenched but he managed to politely say, "Well, you could still give me a chance." Who the fucking hell did he think he was? "Are you suggesting I cheat on Ryder?" I asked angrily. He hesitated and chose his words carefully. "It wouldn't really be cheating, Lil. Just for a few days. A trial period." I had to resist the urge to smack him on the top of his hopelessly thick head. Instead, I (in the politest tone possible) said, "Get the hell out of here, Dirk. You're a fucking asshole and I don't want to hear from you again. Ever again." "No!" he hollered and I fell silent. "Goddamn it, Lily, I want you back! And I'm not leaving here without you!" I stood up and faced him. "Then you're not leaving, because I will never go with you. You are such a dick!" I screamed. Instead of getting angry, Dirk smirked and circled me from behind. "Don't you miss this, baby?" he asked. And he began to lift my dress.

Alarm bells went off in my head, and I tried to pull away. "Oh, no you don't!" he snarled and held me tight against his back. His hands began to slip around my chest, searching for my bra. Silent tears slid down my cheeks, and I fought desperately to get away. I tried to scream, but my voice was gone. All I could do was kick and struggle, knowing it wasn't doing any good, he was too strong. I knew my ex always had a bad mind, but this was assault, and if it went much farther, it'd be rape. I choked on the thought and finally found my voice. "Help!" I screamed. "Help me! Ryder!"

"Hush up, you little dipshit!" Dick's course, angry voice echoed in my ears as he slapped me, then stuck a wadded-up rag from his pocket in my mouth. He continued groping for my bra. When he finally found it, he stuck his hand under and began feeling my breasts. I kicked him hard in the shin with my kneecap, as we were now lying on the sofa. He gasped from pain, but didn't pull back. Tears made salty tracks down my skin as I began to accept my fate. His hand drifted down to the waistband of my underwear and my heart sank as his hand slipped inside. Suddenly I was startled by a loud clatter. It made Dirk pull back slightly and I took this opportunity to yank out the rag. I turned to face the upcoming person, and my heart stutter-stepped. It was Ryder.

I quickly freed myself from Dirk's grasp, as he had bigger problems to deal with at the time. Ryder looked from me to him, gaping slightly. Even though I knew what it must obviously look like, he still pulled me in for a hug. "What happened?" he asked stiffly. My tears began to fall again. I pointed a shaking finger at Dirk, who was trying to quietly sneak away, and said, "H-he tried to rape me!" Immediately I noticed his jaw setting, his fists clenching, and his eyes hardening, all part of his pre-fight stance. But at the moment, I could care less if he punched Dirk's lights out. He fucking deserved it. Ryder made the first move, punching Dirk in the face. Dirk made no move to stop him from hitting him, and simply took the punches without complaint. After a while, I recovered my senses and pulled Ryder off of him. Dirk had a broken nose, a black eye, cuts and scrapes, and obviously several bruises. We left him there as I went to the kitchen for a drink. I was about to open the bottle and take a sip when I had a better idea. I walked back to where Dirk was laying, moaning in pain. I chucked the bottle at him, covering him in broken glass and beer. "Here's to you, asshole." I said and walked back to Ryder.

Authors note: How'd you guys like this chapter? I hope I did well. I think it's time Ryder got  into a fight for her. Especially with her ex! Anyways, comment below how you liked it!!! BTW, I've got almost 200 reads!!!! You guys are amazing!!! Thanks so much!!!! So anyways don't forget to comment and VOTE VOTE VOTE!

All my love,

Em