Chapter 4 || Crazy Little Thing Called Love

He woke up at the soft puff of air on his neck. He smiled. Karylle was snuggled on his neck sleeping soundly. He moved slowly to make her comfortable. It was only 6 in the morning and she needs her sleep.

“Vice?”

“Good morning, Love.” He said sweetly. “Sorry to wake you.”

Love? Her eyes widened. Did I hear right?

“Is there something wrong?” Vice asked.

“You just called me ‘Love’.” Karylle said her thought out loud.

“Yes I did, Love.” He whispered.

She got up abruptly that she almost fell out of bed. Lucky for her Vice had a grip on her.

“Easy, Love. Bakit ba natataranta ka?” he said in an almost laugh.

“Ah… Eh…”

He laughed then gave her a quick kiss on the lips. “Ang cute mo!”

“Vice!” she said and placed a hand on her mouth.

“O, bakit?” he asked rather amused at her reactions.

“Hindi pa ko nagto-toothbrush, kiss agad.” She said and covered her mouth again.

“O, eh ako rin naman hindi pa nagto-toothbrush ah? So, it’s a tie.”

“Vice naman eh?” he said and buried her face on his chest. He just laughed.

“Love?” Vice called out.

Karylle slowly lifted her head. “Hmmm?”

Vice smiled. “I love you.”

Karylle smiled and looked at him. “And I love you.”

They stayed that way for a while, memorizing the feel of each other. This is a start for them both. It’s better to take it one day at a time.

“L…Love?” Karylle stuttered.

“Hindi naman mahirap bigkasin ang katagang yan di ba?” Vice said, eyes closed, but smiling.

“Jose Marie, pinagti-tripan mo ba ako?” Karylle said as she got out of bed and placed both hands on her waist.

Vice’s eyes bolted open. He was astonished at Karylle’s outburst. He saw her bent down to his ear.

“Gotcha!” she whispered and giggled. He tried to grab her but she got away. She ran towards him again when he almost fell off the bed. “Easy, Love. Baka madagdagan yang mga pasa mo.”