Epilogue part 2- The End

***
I woke up, held tightly in someone's arms. I looked to the side to see Luke sleeping lightly next to me ever so peacefully. The recollection of last night came to me... Did we? Yes we did. I didn't feel really different, however it all really meant something to me; I felt happy about it, but it was slightly surreal. I went to move his arms that were placed over me gently, but he woke up. He pulled me back giggling and made me tower on top of him.

"Good morning" he said into my ear.

"Same to you" I responded between soft kisses.

"How do you feel?"

"A bit sore, but in a good way. Mentally glowing."

"Me too, ah what's the time?" He said when we settled and I grabbed his phone. I instantly saw 12pm flash on the screen as well as what looked like a billion text messages.

'Where are you? Stop making out with Ellie for one second mate and come over to practise for late this afternoons busk. If you sleep in can you call me -Cal 2hours ago' I read the first one, glancing over at the lock screen.

I handed it to Luke, "Holy shit, baby we need to get moving." He exclaimed looking through the messages.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"HydePark in the city, we are doing a small busking acoustic thing at like three thirty. Totally forgot about that after yesterday. I mean you can't really blame me, I was distracted." He grinned at me as I sat up again on the bed while he was getting dressed.

"So it's my fault because I was distracting you?" I said sarcastically.

"Yes it is but, you are the best distraction" he said back.

I pulled his head down to my face and made him kiss me again. " hmm am I distracting you now?" I lingered my mouth close to his.

"Very much so" he whispered and brought his lips in my mouth and then neck quickly. But then he lifted away and grabbed his pants from the floor of my bedroom.

"Okay, I'm up!" I exclaimed.

"I do wish we could say here all day." He told me as he pulled his shirt over his head.

"Hmmm, Me too but it's okay." I said reassuringly.

I got up, quickly looked into my wardrobe and drawers for my clothes. I chose my shorts again but paired them with a different black and white dotted top. I went into the bathroom, clutching my makeup bag to meet Luke who was washing his face. I stood next to him, grinning into the mirror and brushed my teeth. I applied my foundation, eye liner, mascara and lip gloss before heading towards the kitchen to make some toast for myself and Luke, who was currently on the phone in the other room.

I looked up about 15 minutes later to be faced on the other side of the bench by Luke. A serious but confused emotion was what I read from his face.

"Luke, what's wrong?" I asked.

"It's nothing bad, it's actually good news."

"That's a relief, what is it?!" I questioned.

"The band, we are going to the UK!"

"Oh my god that's exciting! For a tour?"

"Well, no. See we are... To stay there, for six months." my heart sunk, I was trying to process his words but I was still confused.

"What? Why? Did you just find out?"

"Let me explain before you get too upset. Adam has been trying to organise it for a bit, so we can go and write music, make an album and gain a bit more publicity which will be awesome for the band. It wasn't official until today but we have known for a little while. I wanted to tell you straight away, but I was scared we wouldn't be able to go and I wanted to say it at the right time. The length of the trip might change, but for the moment, it's six months including touring. We will be going at the end of next month."

"Next...month?"

"El , I know you are upset and shocked, trust me I am too, but we won't be away from each other forever, are you happy for us? Just think," he said pulling me into a hug, clutching my waist " I wish you could come with us now,but I know you won't be able to leave school just yet until you complete your HSC, and I dont want to stuff up your future. But after you finish up the year, you can go to university in the UK near us. It will just be a few more months until you are finished and we have Skype and messaging until then."

I wanted to silently sob, I clenched into his chest. They had been touring I know, and were getting all so popular, but they were exactly the same to me. I had spent weeks away from Luke before while they went around Australia, but to go to the other side of the world was a different story. He had thought about this quite a lot, from what he was telling me, but the news wasn't even fully sinking in yet.

"I am so proud of you guys though; I know you have worked hard for this and are going to write an epic album, but I'll just... Ill really miss you."

"Ellie, of course Ill miss you too, after all we have been through, last night especially included, I know how strong we are. I love you always."

"I love you too Luke." I replied into his chest,wetting it with a few tears and his arms stayed wrapped around me.

****

Luke had left by train a bit earlier then me after I settled down a bit and kissed him. I sat there thinking a while and decided to call my mum. She had heard the news vaguely from Luke's mum, Liz, but didn't know all the details and was worried about I was feeling. I told her I was upset because I would miss Luke so much, I would miss four of my best friends all so much. But, at the same time, I guess I was happy they would continue to pursue their dreams and goals in music. I also mentioned about the university, and mum said we could have a look at some options together if I felt strongly about it. I hanged up with an 'I love you' and got up from the couch.

* 40 minutes later*

I realised soon that Luke had got it easy going by train because now with all the traffic while driving, I was running a bit late to Hyde Park. How very typical of me.

I was getting closer to the city as I passed stations and news towers, and then finally made it near where I was supposed to be. I looked at signs and parked my little car in a near by car park (geez, slightly expensive... But I didn't really have a choice.)

I raced out with my bag on one arm and clutching my keys in my other hand. I walked a couple minutes distance, passing the old looking buildings until I made it into Hyde Park. I looked around for a big group of people, just from the outside. But then I spotted a group of three girls saying, "I think the band would be over there!"

I assumed they were talking about 5sos and followed behind, keeping a bit of distance from them in the least stalkerish way.

"I can't wait to see Ashton!" Another girl said.

"He's mine!" The brunette girl commented.

I found it so weird because I know the boys personally, but that just proves that they were becoming much more known and the fans were growing. The massive group of people were not hard to miss once you were more centred in the park. I walked through to the front on the side and tried to catch Luke's eye.

"Oh my god, aren't you Luke's girlfriend? Ellie, you are so pretty! He is so talented, can we have a photo?" A short, blonde, however pretty girl standing next to me asked.

"Thank you lovely, you really want a photo with me?" I replied, shocked a bit. She nodded and took out her iPhone and snapped a shot. The girls around her did the same, and I just stood there smiling until I saw Jaymie and Gemma. Gemma looked very cute in her black skirt and white lacy top, while Jaymie looked nice in her coloured shorts and black top. I wasn't sure if they knew about the UK yet so I didn't say anything.

"There you are, Luke said he told you and we were scared you weren't coming today!" She said giving me a hug when I first saw her.

"I know, Im happy for them though. Like I said to Luke before, I'll just miss him so much, well actually all of them a lot."

"I know El, Cal told me last night. He said not to call you because Luke wanted to tell you himself." Gemma told me apologetically.

"Same with Michael" commented Jaymie.

"It's okay, I've had a bit of time to think, not nearly enough, but I want to just enjoy today."

The boys finished singing their fairly new song "Out of my limit" acoustically and Luke looked over to see that I was finally here.

"Well guys, thanks to all of you for coming today to see us! We love seeing you all so much! A special thank you to my girlfriend Ellie for finally showing up." Luke winked. "I wrote a song for her while I was on tour, and the boys and I have been working on it. I think it's even more relevant now, so do you guys want to hear it??"

The crowd around them yelled out 'YES' loudly, and he grinned.

"Okay but first, Ellie has to come over here." He said and Gemma and Jaymie pushed me to walk over.

I had a slight déjà vu moment, as I remembered walking to the boys on the first day I met them properly in music class. Calum, Luke and Michael holding their guitars, Calum and Luke ready to sing with their perfect voices and Ashton on the Cajon drums. Then I remembered the first day they sang 'Gotta Get out' to Gemma and I at Calum's house. The laughs, the tears, the funny days out and the concerts... I didn't want it to end. I knew things were changing because of the UK and touring, but I didn't care. All I cared about was my best friends, family and Luke, I had options and I t was going to be okay.

"This is called 'Beside You'"

"Within a minute I was all packed up
I've got a ticket to another world
I don't wanna go
I don't wanna go
Sudden words are hard to speak
When your thoughts are all I see
"Don't ever leave," she said to me

When we both fall asleep underneath the same sky.
To the beat of our hearts at the same time.
So close but so far away.
Can you hear me?

She sleeps alone.
My heart wants to come home.
I wish I was, I wish I was beside you.
She lies awake.
I'm trying to find the words to say.
I wish I was, I wish I was beside you.

Another day, and I'm somewhere new.
I made a promise that I'll come home soon.
Bring me back, bring me back to you.

When we both wake up underneath the same sun.
Time stops, I wish that I could rewind.
So close but so far away.

She sleeps alone.
My heart wants to come home.
I wish I was, I wish I was beside you.
She lies awake.
I'm trying to find the words to say.
I wish I was, I wish I was beside you.

The pieces of us both
Under every city light
And they're shining as we fade into the night

She sleeps alone.
My heart wants to come home.
I wish I was, I wish I was...

She sleeps alone.
My heart wants to come home.
I wish I was, I wish I was beside you.
She lies awake.
I'm trying to find the words to say.
I wish I was, I wish I was beside you.

She lies awake.
Beside you.
I wish I was, I wish I was...

She sleeps alone.
My heart wants to come home.
I wish I was, I wish I was..."

"Beside you Ellie, Always."

I nodded, "Always".

~The End~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Cries a river*

Hey guys,
Wow that was the last chapter. I can't believe it's been so many months of writing. To all you fans literally from all over the world, thank you for supporting me by commenting, voting and even just taking the time to read my story. It's been long and weird (especially rereading my first chapters *cringe*), but Im actually so proud that I did it, I wrote a whole story and didn't give up on it. All the people I talk to on here are just so nice and you can always inbox me! This started as something random and just for fun, and to procrastinate ( so many hours ) but it's become so much more than that for me! Also hi to some of my friends who i told that I wrote a fanfic, thanks for reading :) And thank you to the amazing four boys who make me smile everyday, 5sos :)
As for book news, currently I am not going to write a sequel but it is possible in the future. I also might write something different like one shots if I have time :) comment if you would want me to!
Lastly, I want to know, what was your favourite part? what did you think of the book? And did I satisfy some of your Luke feels ;) please vote as well for this last chapter
🎉
Tweet me 'lullie' or anything about Always Beside You to: @5sosaussie
Love you all so much, thanks for sticking with me <3
Seriously can't believe it is finished
-5secsof1D xox