Ellie's 16th Birthday

*One week Later, (Saturday)*

Last week was still really unclear to me. I had been fine until I started feeling dizzy at Luna Park like I was at the beach a while ago, and then I passed out. I was awoken soon by a familiar face, Luke I realised, as well as a crowd of workers surrounding me shortly after and I felt fine again. But Luke was really worried. He ended up taking me home, my mother rang the doctor but he said that because there was no serious injury to me, I just have to be careful, aware and to always have my tablets.

Little did he know that I felt sick inside, I've read over that note so many times. I'm really worried actually, I thought about telling someone -- anyone...but I have been warned. If they don't come after me, they will come after someone else I care about and I can't have that laying on my shoulders. But today I simply told myself I wouldn't let it get to me, because it was my 16th Birthday. Ive never been huge on birthdays considering my family don't live anywhere near us, but I usually did something with my friends.

I finally got up, and walked downstairs immediately.

"Happy Birthday Ellie!" I was greeted by my family.

"Thank you! Im finally sixteen oh my god!" I exclaim, smiling.

Mum had managed to make me a cup of tea and pancakes, my favourite, and I helped myself, putting extra maple syrup, a bit of whipped cream and strawberries. Hey, this day only comes once a year so I am allowed to pig out a bit...

The doorbell rung suddenly, I looked at the intercom but no one was there. I opened the door just to check and saw on the floor one red birthday bag with a note attached.

"Good morning Ellie,

Happy 16th Birthday Beautiful, I love you

Im taking you out for a early dinner tonight , be ready at 5pm and wear this dress (compliments of Gemma and Jaymie).

-Luke xox"

I smiled eagerly and grabbed the bag. I ran inside very excitedly to the table where I opened the bag.

I pulled out an absolutely gorgeous dress, white, strapless with a sweetheart neckline. It came in at the high waist to then flow out to just above the knee. It had beautiful black applique flowers on the bodice and I realised this was the dress I had been admiring in the city last week. I'm going to kill and thank Gemma and Jaymie so much next time I see them.

" What's that Ellie?" My mother asked.

"It was at the door, Luke is taking me out to an early dinner at 5, I'm supposed to wear this dress"

"Its beautiful" My father complimented.

"Oh I should mention, its an early dinner because I asked Gemma, Jaymie and the boys over to cut a cake for you, just a small get together when you get home. Is that okay?" Mum informed me.

"Oh that makes sense now, thank you! I cant wait!"

* * *

*later that day*

My favourite black high heels pumps on, hair straightened, nails painted, make up almost complete. I applied the last bit of mascara and eye makeup carefully in the mirror. I fixed my dark red lipstick one last time and checked how I looked. Not to shabby, it was the prettiest I have looked in a long time. (A/N**** ENTERNAL LINK, IT LOOKS REALLY PRETTY****)

I looked over at the clock, 4:52, not long now to I was leaving. I walked downstairs carefully in the heels and mum, dad and Chloe were waiting downstairs.