Did You Say A Party?

It was the nearing the end of the next day at school, I was sitting in History class next to Gemma while Calum and his friend Mason sat in front of us.

The class had to copy what Mr Finn was writting up on the white board but we were still allowed to chat quietly while we worked because he wasn't really a harsh teacher. 'Mm MmMm Mmmm Mmmm' I was humming to myself subconsciously while doing my work when Calum turned around to me.

"Am I going crazy or is that my song you're humming?" He asked me, smirking.

Shit, I realised it was, The boys had given me a little preview of a song they wrote last band practice called 'Too Late'.

"Maybe..." I replied back to him then he gave me a 'come on admit it' face. "Damm it Hood, your songs get stuck in my head, it was basically pounded in at practice." I added.

We laughed, well really he laughed at me and I got embarrassed. He isn't going to let that one go easy, I can imagine the silly jokes later, but it was funny. Then he went quiet, still facing to Gemma and I however he stopped and focused on Gemma.

Gemma's P.O.V

"Hey Gem, um you know how Mason here is having a party tonight." Calum started saying to me. I looked up at him, his hair all messy and in him in his uniform. I nodded my head at him, it was all a lot of people were talking about today because Mason was somewhat popular in our grade. "Well I was um wondering if uh um...youwanttogowithmetoit" He asked in what sounded like one syllable. My heart stopped and I wondered if I had heard wrong. I understood him but was he finally asking me out properly? I seemed frozen for a century before Ellie kicked my leg from underneath the desk.

"Oh, ah, Sure Cal I'd...I'd like that" I replied, wait did that sound to confident? Or too shy? it was fine I reassured myself, this is what I've been waiting for. I've always kinda had a thing for Calum but we really didn't act on it much. Although we had been spending a lot of time together lately because of Ellie and the other boys.

"Great," he smiled eagerly, like a weight had been lifted off bus shoulders."It's a date then, I'll see you tonight. Ellie, you will be there with Luke right?" He asked Ellie

"Yeah, Luke mentioned it to me this morning. I'll see you three there then." Ellie responded.

"That's good, do you know if Michael or Ashton will come too?" Mason asked.

"Michael said he is going to go with this girl he asked the other day, um Jaymie I think her name was and Ashton might be going as well, he might be meeting with some people there too."

"Good, I'll see you all at my house later tonight then." Mason commented as we went on talking for and writing work for a few more minutes until that bell for the end of last period went.

As everyone started hurrying out of class like we were under attack because it was finally Friday, I quickly packed up my pencil case and books, slipping them into my bag; it had been a long week.

"See you tonight..." Calum came behind me and whispered into my ear. I definitely couldn't wait.

****

Ellie's P.O.V

Gemma and I walked out of class and into the outside area of the school between the swarm of people rushing out. Thank the lord Calum finally asked Gemma out properly because I was getting ready to have a long talk to him to make his move already.

Anyway I reached Luke out front waiting with the rest of the boys. Ah that's right its band practice (more like COD and FIFA xbox session) tonight. Well at least before the party later.