Promises & Past

Luke followed me through the streets not knowing where he was going. We talked a little but I thought it would be easier when we got there. Finally we came to an old park with a tyre swing and a huge tree.

"This is it." I revealed

"Alrighty then." said Luke trying to figure out why we were here.

"My dad used to take me here when I was little to play and sometimes I would bring friends. It is my place to think or talk so here we are." I exclaimed.

The two of us sat under the tree as cliche as it was. Luke started saying "This is a huge mess right but it won't stay that way, I promise." I wanted to believe him, I had to do something. But for now, I would rather just sit here and enjoy it. Us. Together.

"You know, if I hadn't been put with you guys in music class and we hadn't been friends, Gemma and I would be sitting with the same group of girls who didn't care about us, who didn't care about each other. Not exactly the real friends I pictured."

"Why did you hang out with them?" he entreated.

I hesitated."Well, this girl, her name is Brittany, we were best friends since we were really little and all through primary school. We had always been together; Inseparable, we were besties. When we came to high-school, she started to be... different. Seeing a lot of guys, blowing me off when we were supposed to hang out and hanging out with those girls. I stayed and pretended I didn't care even though I did. I was accepting that she had moved on but I still stayed there, I guess because I didn't have anywhere else to go, but also I was holding on to the Brittany I knew before high-school. The Brittany that was my real friend. Sometime during all this, I met Gemma who was like me and was in the group as well, so we stuck together." It brought back memories telling Luke about Brittany, the way we were friends and how she changed.

"People change Ellie, for the worst sometimes and it isn't your fault. You have me, Gemma, Ashton, Calum and Michael who care about you. So don't forget that, don't worry about someone who doesn't treat you right because they don't deserve your time." Luke assured me.

Luke's P.O.V

"So don't forget that, don't worry about someone who doesn't treat you right because they don't deserve your time." I assured her. I couldn't believe someone could do that to a someone they had known for such a long time. I couldn't imagine Calum, Michael or Ashton just completely turning against me. It must of been so hard for her. But I did know someone who had turned against me, I could relate.

"Trust me, I know how people can change and have different sides to them." I admitted.

"Do you really?" she questioned.

"There was this girl, her name was Alison. We went out for about a year and a half. It was a pretty serious relationship cause we had know each other for ages. Anyway, why this important, is because she wasn't who I thought she was. I caught her with another guy, who apparently didn't know about me. I found out later that they had been going out at the same time Ally and I had." I paused.

"Then what happened after you found out?" Ellie asked.

"This guy was big, defiantly older and when he saw me and we both realised what was going on, instead of being angry at Ally for cheating on us with each other, he took it out on me. He started fighting with me. punching me, telling me to stay away from his girl, that I was the other guy who had gotten in the way, that was worth nothing and had to go. Ally just stood there and didn't do anything. When he finally stopped, they both left and I was bleeding in a corner. I never spoke to her again after that. In fact, she moved away with her family but I don't know if it was permanent."