No Right Way To Eat A Taco

♧ Alex's Point Of View ♧

I was a fashionably late to the 'date'. I wanted to make sure i wasn't the first one there because if you are you're always sitting there awkwardly alone waiting for your date to arive. I wasn't even sure if it was a date or not? I mean he asked me out for coffee. Thats not a date is it? It doesn't matter i will just go with the flow.
I walked into the coffee house and looked around and saw Sam sitting beside the window. I went over and said
"Hey whats up?"
"Nothing much, and you?" He said while putting away his phone.
"Ah you know just singing in the rain."
"Its not raining outside."
"I know, i am referencing to the shower i took, which is why by the way i am late sorry!"
"Ah it's alright, i wasn't here that long."
He said with a smile. We just looked at each other for a little second until he said,
"So what got you into the african drums?"
"Oh i am a drummer/percussionist, and you?"
"I play the piano and it was my best friend who got me into percussion and the drums in general."
"Oh drums has been my life since i was 7!"
"Wow! Really! I started the piano when i was 9!"
"I have always wanted to learn the piano but i never got around to it."
"Hey this is a bit forward, why don't we do a trade?"
"A trade huh? I'm listening."
"I teach you the piano, you teach me the drums?"
"All right! You got a deal."
As I shoke his soft hand and smirked.
We sat for ages just talking, you know getting to know each other and near the end he said,
"I know its a bit late but are you hungry?"
"Starving!"
"Do you want to get some tacos?"
"I thought you'd never ask."

As we walked to boojum, the best mexican food resturant all studants atend, the line as per usal was out the door. So as we stood outside in the freezing cold. I rubbed my hands together and blew warm air into them to heat them up.
"Cold hands?" Sam asked me.
"Yep, no biggie this always happens."
"Here." He wrapped his hands around mine and held them there staring into my fingerless gloves. As i looked up at him, he looked back at me and it seemed as if he was about to kiss me. I turned my head away and the line started moving forward.

We sat in his car and devoured the tacos.
"What way are you eating that taco?" He asked as soon as i took a bite out of my food.
I looked at him like seriously you asked me that after i take a bite. When i finished chewing i answered him,
"Hey there is no lady like way to eat a taco its merly impossible. And besides i am no lady anyways."
"I noticed from the burb on the way here."
We both just laughed and had that same lingering stare.
I stoped the silence when i said
"I had a really nice time with you tonight."
"Me too."

To be continued...