Chapter Thirty-eight

Chapter Thirty-Eight

Have you ever felt so nervous that the butterflies in your stomach make you want to throw up? I know I was currently going through it now. I bit my lip nervously and rubbed my hands against my jeans. What was I supposed to say? Was I even supposed to say something?

"Are you sure about this?" The guard from earlier asked, turning his head to glance at me. I looked at the guard in the eye and nodded my head. He pressed a few numbers which I guessed was the code lock and soon I heard the click of the door opening. I breathed in deeply and walked into the room.

As I entered, I had to blink my eyes a few times for it to adjust to the darkness of the room. I could hear the rattle of chains as it hit the ground. I sneaked a glance at the guard but he seemed the least bothered by it.

"Here we are," the guard said, switching on the light. I gasped at the sight of Leon. The clothes that he was wearing earlier were now ripped and his hair was tousled all over almost like he just from a bad nightmare. His were bloodshot red and his face held an expression I had never seen before. He looked like he was going through a fight physically but in reality, the fight emotionally was so bad that his physical appearance was also affected.

"Leon?" Leon turned raised his head to look at me and for a second there I thought I saw the warmth in eyes reappear but it soon vanished away. In a flash he was right in front of me, causing me to scream in fright. He banged his fists against the glass, trying to break it. His body was shaking from anger.

"I am going to get you! Ahhhh!" Leon fisted his hair tightly, trying to decrease the pain. I covered my ears with my hands, trying to block the sound. Just the sight of him made my stomach clench with uneasiness.

"He is having an internal battle. This won't be a good sight to see. Come on, we should be going." He stated and then switched off the room's light causing Leon to let out a loud growl.

"Is there going to be someone here? Rawer had mentioned that he would make sure Leon would be okay but from what I saw now, that doesn't seem to be the case." I worriedly looked over my shoulder with the hope that I would see him again but I was met with darkness.

"Rawer, just doesn't seem to understand who he should look up to. He had his choice to choose the better side but he didn't."

"What are you talking about? What did Rawer do?" As we re-entered the hallway, I noticed that it wasn't the same hallway that we entered from. I looked at the guard questionably but I didn't say a thing.

"Does the name Sarim ring a bell to you?" The guard smiled in approval when he saw the nod of my head, proving that I did know her.

"Sarim wants to take over the throne, and frankly so many others want her to. She would be our first female leader to have received the throne by herself and not via her husband. She is powerful, cunning and a strong fighter. She has all the abilities of a queen."

"Doesn't Sarim kind of work for Leon?"

"That was a ploy to get more information about what Leon was doing. We don't like how Leon has been ruling our world. His way of ruling goes against what we think our ruler should be. Yes, Leon was a hard worker and devoted his entire life to becoming king. But once he met you, it seemed like everything seemed to vanish away. He didn't seem to the same ruler that we had once supported." The guard stopped suddenly as if he just remembered something.

"I have to go!" Without another word, he ran out of the hallway. I threw my hands into the air, waving them wildly, hoping he was just joking but minutes later when I didn't hear him coming back I started walking down the hallway. I wondered what happened to the guard. Why did he leave in such a hurry and what did he mean by Sarim wanted to take over the throne? Was Sarim trying to stage cope while Leon had the Defesta in him?

I felt the familiar uneasiness in the tip of my stomach. I felt like something bad was going to happen but I didn't know what. How could I know what bad thing was going to happen when I didn't even know what +was happening. I stopped walking when I reached the end of the hallway, which seemed to split into two separate hallways. I didn't know where the safe room was so the best thing that I could do for now is to go to my dorm.

After stopping a few people on the way, I finally made it to the main entrance. I sighed thankfully and fast walked to my room. The feeling in my stomach was getting bigger and bigger. I felt beads of sweat pour down my face, as I tried to control my emotions.

I took out my key from my pocket and as I was about to put the key into the key slot, somebody grabbed me from the shoulder. They covered my mouth with their hand, disabling me to scream for help. They pulled to the side so that we were hidden by a wall. I tried to pull the person's hand off but the person lowered their mouth to my ear so that they were whispering into it.

"Be quiet Ashley!" hissed Iris. "I am going to take off my hand now. Don't scream." She slowly removed her hand from my trembling mouth.

"What's going on? Why did you that?" I asked, with rage.

"Leon is after you." I glanced at her face, checking to see if she was lying.

"I just visited Leon. He was trapped by the glass wall."

"Sarim, she is trying to overthrow Leon, but she can only do that if he is dead."

"So why did she let him out? Couldn't she have killed him there?"

"Sarim, won't be able to defeat Leon, especially with the Defesta in him."

"Then why did they let him go?" Iris glanced at me for a few seconds, as if checking to see if I was ready for what she was going to tell me.

"As the Defesta is in Leon, he has a motivation to kill you. Once he kills you, the Defesta will lose its power and Leon will be able to take over his body back." Iris paused, checking again to see if I was ready. "If Leon finds out he killed you, he will kill himself. Therefore, Sarim can easily replace him."

*_____________________________*

Hi everyone!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! I would love to hear your thoughts about this chapter! What did you think of Sarim's plan?

Vote Goal - 10

Vote, Comment, Follow, Share

Love, TTBMBFF