Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

"Come on," Leon said, looking over his shoulder. I stared at him for a second, and then I followed him. After the incident in the kitchen Leon went to his room to do some work.

"Where are we going?" I asked curiously.

"Somewhere," Leon said, not giving any clues to where he was taking me.

As we got into the elevator numerous thoughts came into my mind. Ever since I looked up the website, my mind has been alert. Even when I closed my eyes for second, I would feel someone's eyes on me, but when I opened my eyes there was no one there.

Somehow I had become to hate silence, because when there was silence, our imagination goes wild. I had never thought what would happen if I was all alone. It had never been something I had to think of, but it seems now days that is everything I think about.

"Ashley? Are you okay?" Leon's concerned voice broke me out of my thoughts. I took in a deep breath, and slowly I breathed out.

"I am okay."

"Follow me," Leon said, as the doors open.

As we walked beside each other, I realized that I trusted Leon, because if I didn't then I wouldn't be going with him. A feeling of dread washes over me as I realize that I might be too comfortable with him. I didn't know what it was, but whenever I was around him I felt like myself. I felt like I didn't need to pretend to be someone.

"You seem to be lost in your thoughts today," Leon said, making me snap out of my thoughts again.

"I have a lot in my mind," I said shrugging my shoulders. I looked around to see that we had walked a long way from the university. The only noise you could hear was the sounds of the birds.

"I guess you do," Leon said softly, "Here we are."

I looked around to see that we are outside a forest. I inhaled the fresh air of the forest.

"What are we doing here?"

"I wanted to talk to you," Leon said staring at me with a serious face. I suddenly grow stiff, as I realized what he wanted to talk about.

"Why do want to know so badly?" I asked with sudden outrage.

"I want to know what is bothering you. What is it you are afraid of Ashley?"

"Nothing," I said. Both Leon and I knew I was lying form the tone of my voice.

"Tell me the truth Ashley, I can help you," Leon said grabbing a hold of my hand. I pulled my hands away from his. Sudden course of anger filled my body.

"Why do you care?"

"I care because I really like you and want you to be happy!" My eyes widen at his confession. I stumble back slightly; the anger washes away and is replaced by fear. "You need to go," I said firmly.

"Not until I find out the truth," Leon said firmly.

"I am not the only one keeping secrets," I said, staring at Leon.

"What are you talking about?" Something about Leon's voice was different. I knew I had struck a nerve when I saw Leon's jaw clench.

"I know you have secrets. Everybody does, sometimes they themselves don't know it." I moved my weight from my left foot to my right. I crossed my arms over my chest waiting for his reply.

"Sometimes they have secrets that do not concern others."

"So you have no right to know my secrets," I said.