Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

I bit my lips nervously, waiting for the door to open. The last time I had been here was saying goodbye to my parents. I swallowed nervously and raised my hand to knock on the door again but I wasn't quick enough as the door opened.

A woman that was much shorter than me stepped out of the door. Her hair was pulled back into a messy bun. Her eyes had dark circles underneath them as if she hadn't had a good sleep in a long time.

"Hi!"

Her face broke into a smile as she said those words. It was strange to see my aunt for the first time. It wasn't because I had never met her before but because I hadn't ever known she existed.

"Hi!" We both stare at each other I wonder. We snapped staring at each other when we hear the clearing of a throat.

"Hi, I am Leon and you must be Miss Winslow." Leon's voice is smooth and a smile is plastered on his face."Hi, please call me Sev. Are you Ashley's boyfriend?"

"No," I said at the same time as he said yes. I turned my head sharply to stare at Leon in shock. Even though I know I am his mate, he hasn't officially asked me to be his girlfriend.

"Come inside please," my aunt ushered us both into the house, "you both are lucky that you missed the police. They just don't know when to stop asking questions!"

Her voice rose slightly by the end of her sentence.

"How long have they been here for?" I asked, looking around the house that I grew up in. it was hard to believe that a week ago I was living my dream but here I am standing a week later. I couldn't call this house my home anymore because of the loneliness this house now possesses.

"From the time they found your parents here. The police were looking for evidence that might tell them who murdered your parents."

"Do they have any leads?" I asked even though I knew there would be none because I knew exactly who murdered my parents.

"Yes, they do. They said they have found a suspect with the name of Fred." My eyes widen at the mention of the closest friend I had in Peace league.

"What is his surname?"

I knew that there were was a very slim chance that this Fred wasn't my friend. The dark voice had been threatening everybody that had been close to me but I had never taken him seriously until the death of my parents. The dark voice knew that I would suffer gravely if Fred paid for the dark voice's sins.

"Fraden. Why do you know him?" I felt anger course through my body as I realized that the dark voice was trying to hurt me again. I felt the bad feeling returning again from yesterday, but this time it felt like there was a bomb somewhere here that was just waiting to be ticker off.

"No, I just thought the name was familiar."

"Well alright then. Do you mind if we talk in the forest? I just haven't seen you before. I want to get to know my niece more."

"Of course, I want to know you more too. Let's go from the backdoor."

"Wait!" I abruptly stop and turn to look at what Leon wants.

"I want to come with the both of you. There might be animals in the forest and it will be safer if I come with the both of you."

"I have a black belt in karate, I am quite sure I can take care of both of us. And we won't go too far into the forest. If we need any help we will scream. Is that fine with you?" My aunt's voice held a sudden edge to it, almost as if she was challenging him.