Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

"What do you mean by everything I mean-" I start to say but am cut off by Leon.

"Ashley stop trying to change the subject. Tell me."

Leon takes a step closer to me so that our chests were almost touching. His eyes bore into mine. My jumbled thoughts were forgotten but not for long. I remembered what Leon had asked me and thought about how I should answer him but all I got was nothing.

"I...don't know how to explain...I just."

My voice trailed off as I tried to find the words to explain what I am going through. I rubbed my sweaty hand on my blue jeans. I close my eyes and take deep breaths.

"Hey tell whenever you are ready. No pressure," Leon said to me soothingly. Leon touched my arm slightly.

Shock waves run through my body. I opened my eyes and sighed. I opened my mouth just about to speak when a loud blast rang out. I turned my head to the sound of the noise to see a red spark filling the sky. Just as the sparks were disappearing into the grey sky another loud blast rang out. Same as before the red sparks stayed in the sky for a few seconds but soon disappeared.

"You need to go now!" Leon said suddenly.

I turned my head towards him. I flinched from his tone. A scream filled the air. I averted my eyes away from him and looked to the girl that had screamed. She had a scared expression on her face. I looked around to see many people with worried faces while others had confused looks.

"What is happening?" I asked Leon, my voice quivering slightly from the sudden tension in the air.

"Ashley, go now," Leon said to me in a commanding voice.

"Where do I go? What is happening?" I asked.

Many people were rushing towards the main building. Many of the people that what was happening sprinted to the building. Others followed soon there was a whole crowd sprinting towards the building.

"Go to our dorm now and lock all the doors and windows!" Leon said in haste. I felt a smile reach my lips when he said our dorm, but I quickly shook head to focus on more important things. He moved me to the side as if he had heard something. Without turning around to look at me Leon said, "Go, now!"

With a final look at Leon, I sprint with the remaining others. Questions swarmed my head like a tornado. I turned my head back to see that Leon was no longer there. A pang hit my chest when I thought of Leon injured.

As I came closer to the main building I realized that many of the people that had sprinted were those that did not know what was happening. Thunderous howls fill the air. Fear coursed through my veins as I realized what I was running from, wolves.

The crowd slowed down as we reached the main building. As soon as walked through the entrance I was sprinting towards my dorm. When I reached the elevators I saw a big crowd of people surrounding them.

Without a second thought, I took the stairs two at a time. I panted as I reached the fifth floor. Fifteen more floors to go, I sighed and continued my way up. As I walked up the stairs I saw that the hallways were crowded with people. Everybody was buzzing with questions of wonder.

My throat burned from needing water. I stopped when I was on the eleventh floor. I crouched down on my knees trying to level my breathing back to normal. My heartbeat was drumming against my chest like a basketball. I got up and continued my way up the stairs.

When I reached my floor I jogged towards my room. When I finally reached my dorm I reached my hand to the back pocket of my jeans to retrieve my keys. I took them out and inserted them into the door. Turning the keys I pushed the door open. I closed it quickly and put all the locks. I leaned against the door. Sweat dripped from my face and onto the floor. I wiped the sweat and took deep breaths.

Remembering Leon's earlier words I hurriedly ran to all the windows and closed them all. As I locked the balcony I sighed loudly. I rested my forehead against the cool wall. The mornings even flashed through my eyes. The horrid race, Leon almost finding out and finally the wolves.

The shrill sound of my phone ringing brought me out of my thoughts. I walked to my room and swiped my screen to answer the call.

"Hello."

"Hello," I repeated.

"Thank god you are all right!" my dad exclaimed.

"What do you mean I am alright? What are you talking about?" I asked puzzled.

"There was a terrible storm fifty kilometers away from your university. Your mother and I were extremely worried. We are so glad you are fine. I will give the phone to your mother. She will tell everything."

"Hi honey," my mother's said in a hoarse voice, "I was so worried about you! I don't know what your father and I would have done if something happened to you." Just as she said that she broke into sobs.

"Mom I am fine but need to tell me about the storm."

"You are right, sorry," my mom said blowing her nose, "There was a storm fifty kilometers away from your university. It did some terrible damage. Many houses have been burned or they have been thrashed. Most of the people are injured. Nobody knows what caused the storm but they do know that there will be more of them."

*____________________________*

Hi everyone!

What do you think of this chapter? What do you think of the storm?

What do you think made the storm occur?

Room(mate) was #779 on werewolf hot list for two days! Thanks to everyone who votes and comments! I really appreciate it!

Song - Fear by lily Allen

Vote goal - 10

Vote

Comment

Follow

Share

TTBMBFF