Chapter Thirty six

Chapter Thirty-six

The two days flew past us. Leon had made sure that the Defesta was at the back of our minds throughout this trip. Even though it was only two days. I felt like I got to know Leon more than ever in these two days.

I felt like our relationship had taken an invisible level above. The bond that we had created before had grown over these two days. I closed my eyes and immersed myself into the song that had been on repeat since last night. My feet moved on their own record, remembering the steps from the previous night.

I felt a pair of arms go around me. I knew instantly who it was because of Leon's deodorant. His lips touched the base of my neck. His breath hit my neck, making my body shudder. We leisurely danced around the room, not a care in the world, that is until Leon's phone started ringing. My eyes flew open; knowing the moment was ruined. Leon pulled his arms away from my waist and answered his phone.

"What is it Sarim?"

"What? I haven't even left yet!"

"Okay. Yes, we will now." With that Leon hung up the phone. He didn't need to say anything for me to know that we had to leave now. We locked everything fast and got into the car.

"What happened?" I asked, finally when we hit the highway. Leon pressed the pedal so that we were zooming past the other cars. He was definitely going to a fine for speeding over the speed limit.

"Iris realised that she can only perform the ritual when the moon is in a certain position."

"How long will the ritual take?"

"The ritual will take one hour but the after-effects of the ritual will affect us the most." I hummed in response and glanced out the window. The time passed by quickly and before I knew it we were pulling up at the university. Leon got out of the car and motioned with his hand for me to follow. Leon handed the keys of his car to a man that seemed to know what was happening.

"He will park the car and get the bags to send to our room," Leon said, answering my thoughts. "We will be doing the ritual in one of the conference rooms." He took my hand in his and fast-walked. I had to push my legs to keep up with his pace.

I felt a nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach. I felt myself sweating from worry. I didn't know what would happen after the ritual took place, but I did know that things would never be the same again. I grew still when we stood in front of the door. All the sounds had gone away, and the only thing I could hear was the racing of my heart.

"It is going to be alright," Leon's voice held a slight edge to it almost as if he was trying to convince himself too. He cupped my face with his hands and kissed me roughly against my lips. We kissed like this was the last time we would see each other. When we pulled apart we both stared at each other for a few seconds, memorizing each other's faces. The door snapped open, breaking the moment completely. We stared at the person who intruded us.

"I can't have you both acting like some lovesick teenagers. Get inside now, if you want to do this ritual!" We hurriedly went into the room. All the blinds in the room were closed, except one at the back of the room. I looked out the window of the unclosed blind and wondered what was so special about it.

"The moon is that direction and if we hold on for any longer, we won't be able to do the ritual as it would have moved by then. Shall we begin?" Iris held out her hands, waiting for us to hold them. Hesitantly I glanced at Leon, he nodded at me, letting me know this it. This is what may change my life for the better or for the worse. I joined my left hand with Iris and my right hand with Leon.

"I want you both the close your eyes and not open them until I tell you to do so. I want you both to not fight the bonding. I would lie if I said it was painless." With that, we closed our eyes. Iris started chanting words that I couldn't understand.

At the beginning, I didn't feel anything and I wondered if Iris was doing the ritual properly but slowly I felt myself being sucked into a whirlpool. I tried not too resistant going into the whirlpool but my fear was slowly taking over my body. I felt panic when I realised that I was resisting the bond and tried to go towards the whirlpool.

Soon I was in the whirlpool. I could see nothing as I span round and round. My head started throbbing from the constant motion and I tighten my grip on Iris and Leon's hand. There was no sound, while I was going down the whirlpool. My eyes widened in shock when I saw the whirlpool getting darker and darker as I fell deeper.

I opened my mouth to scream but I couldn't hear a sound. The speed at which I was falling increased as I fell further. I flung my arms around, trying to hold onto something but there was nothing. Soon I was consumed into the darkness. At first, I didn't hear or feel anything but soon I started hearing muffled voices. The voices became louder with each passing second. I felt someone untie something and soon I heard the scream of a woman.

For some reason, I was worried about her. I tried to turn my head to see where the sound was coming from but I couldn't see anything. I sensed someone behind me. I felt their rough hands untying something and suddenly a bright light hit my face. I closed my eyes slightly, waiting for it to adjust before I reopened them again.

I opened them to see a woman that I strangely seemed to care about even though I didn't know. I felt an attachment to her that I couldn't quite explain. She was trying to break free from the ropes that held her to her chair. It was then I noticed the group of men surrounding us. They all had a smirk on their faces as if they enjoyed seeing us in pain. One of the men pulled the woman's hair, causing her to cry out in pain.

Involuntarily I called out her name. "Nissie!" I frowned at myself, confused as to why just called out what seems to be the woman's name in a man's voice. I tried to lift up my arm but I couldn't. Realisation dawned on me that I was trapped in someone else's body. I wanted to fight to be in someone else's body but I didn't as I remembered Iris's words. I just had to live through it.

Beads of sweat poured down my face as I tried yet again to break free from the men that were restraining me. I stared at her face, the only thing that seemed to keep reminding me to keep fighting.

Her arms and legs were tightly wrapped around a tree with a rope. Her face had dried blood and bruises all over it, from all of the punches she had received. Her head was held up high, even though she looked like she was about to give up soon. I called her name out, but she the only response I got from her was the slight nod of her head.

My eyes stung as more tears threatened to escape my face. I didn't know how much longer I would last before I too, would give up just like her. I quickly shook my head at that thought, but I knew it wouldn't make a difference I was in someone else's body.

The men pulled her hair hard, causing her to groan in pain. I watched as one of them brought out a knife and looked at me directly as if he was threatening me to stop him.

I pulled harder, trying to free myself from the iron-grip hold, but I didn't seem to move an inch. I watched as the man put the knife on her throat and as her moist eyes met mine, it said a final goodbye. As soon as the man saw this he swiftly slit her throat, allowing blood to pour out of her neck like a waterfall.

My eyes sprung open in surprise. I took a deep breath in. I pulled my hands away from Iris and Leon's hands. I tried to stop my legs from shaking but it only caused me to collapse onto the floor. I raised my head slowly and saw Leon standing against the wall. Unlike before the ritual started though, his eyes were now completely black.

*__________________________*

Hi everyone!

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter! Not edited so feel free to point out any mistakes!

Next update – 13 – 19 March

Do you want a chapter in Leon's POV?

Vote, Comment, Follow, Share

TTBMBFF