Chapter Thirty-one

Chapter Thirty-one

Have you ever felt like a piece of glass that at one point breaks into shattered pieces? Have you ever felt like you were on a dejected because you were feeling too many emotions at one time? Have you ever felt like the world was against you?

I traced the pattern on the blanket as I attain how my life was so similar to this pattern. The straight lines represented the life I had lived in Peace League but as I traced it upwards the lines curved into a circle which represented the complicated life I lived today. In between the lines were flowers which represented my future, which I hoped, like the flower, was a blossoming one.

"Here you go."

"Thank you," I whispered hoarsely to Leon as I took the warm cup of tea from him.

I hated the low feeling I was feeling. I didn't want to talk about the incident. I wanted this all to be a nightmare that I would soon wake up from. I didn't want to believe what had occurred. I couldn't allow myself to believe what had occurred was real.

I knew that the anger I had felt to the dark voice was nothing compared to what I was feeling now. I was tired of sitting around and waiting for the next move of attack from the dark voice. I wanted Leon to tell me how to stop the dark voice.

"Thank you for saving me." I had never in my entire life felt as conflicted as I did now. I tried thinking about the good side of this situation- the fact that Leon saved me, but it was hard. Especially when I saw her face every time I closed my eyes.

"It is my job to save you. I don't want you to doubt that ever!" Leon kneeled in front of me and took my cup out of my shaking hands. "The alpha of the pack that resides here will be here soon and some of his pack members will be accompanying him. I will need to speak with about what happened. They will be coming here but if you are not up to meeting them just tell me and I can meet them somewhere else."

"They can come here. I think meeting them will distract me a little."

"If that's what you want, then I will tell them to meet me here but just say the word and we can take the meeting to a different location."

I opened my mouth to reply but a knock on the door interrupted me. Leon got up from his crouched position and walked towards the door, glancing back at me once to make sure I was fine with them coming inside the room.

Even though the situation we were in was quite grim, I couldn't help but let out a small smile at Leon's protectiveness over me. I had never had someone who would do anything to make sure I was comfortable, but then again I had never experienced death before.

I could hear the loud voices of the guests, as they all greeted Leon. I got up from my position on the couch, letting the blanket covering me fall onto the couch. I plastered a smile on my face as the men entered the living room.

"Good afternoon! You must be Ashley. It is such a pleasure to meet you but it is a shame we have to meet under such circumstances." He held out his hand for me to shake, which I quickly shook. He had a big smile on his wrinkled face, almost as if he couldn't believe he was meeting me.

"Ashley this is Forend," Leon pointed to the guy that I had just shaken hands with. "He is the alpha of the pack that resides in Peace League."

I noticed three more men behind, almost acting like bodyguards. My eyes widen in shock when I see Fred. He, like the rest of the men behind, was wearing a black suit. When our eyes caught, surprise etched on both our faces. Both of us had the same question running through our heads. What were you doing here?

"This is Zylen, Alonzo, and Fred. They are all enforcers of the Peaceville pack."

"Fred and I used to go to school together." Leon nodded his in understanding as he had caught on the exchange between Fred and me.

"Now that the introductions are over I would like to discuss the situation that occurred in Ashley's parents' house."

As Leon told them of everything that happened. I noticed how everybody was listening intently to what Leon was saying. One of the older looking enforcers was writing down notes, which I assumed was to help with the investigation. Leon had the expression on his face like when he had the meeting in our dorm room. Something with the way he spoke made him seem superior. Leon had an air of confidence that everybody could see, with the way he walked and to the way he always sat with his back straight.

"When will you be leaving?" I looked at Leon since I too didn't know when we were leaving.

"We will be leaving early morning tomorrow. Anything you discover about this investigation will be sent to my second in command. Now what I want to know from you right now is how did let Ashley's aunt come into this town? Has the security in Peace League gone that bad?"

"One of the rogue groups has been attacking the humans in this town. Some security that guards the coming and going of members were shifted to guard the forests of rogues. We never expected something like this to happen."

"This is unacceptable! If you were having rogue problems then you are supposed to inform the council so that they send aid to help with the situation. The fact that you allowed two murders and one almost murder to occur in the span of two weeks is unacceptable! I want you send the exact details of these rouges to the council by the end of the day and I want you to heighten all the security so that no one else gets hurt."

The rest of the men bowed their heads in shame. Leon had a dark look on his face, something I had only seen once before and that was when he told me he was a werewolf. He ran his hands through his hair and stood up from his couch and walked around the room. His fists were clenched tightly as if he was trying to prevent himself from doing something he would regret later.

"Will do sir. Is there anything else we can help you with?" The alpha no longer held the happy tone in his voice like earlier. His voice was monotone, almost like he trying to avoid expressing the shame in his voice.

"There is nothing else to discuss here gentlemen. If I need anything I will inform you." Leon voice was much calmer than the last time he spoke but he still held a slight edge to his voice which indicated that he wouldn't forget what the alpha did.

I got up from my seat as everybody shook hands with each other. As Fred took out his hand out to shake my hand, I pulled him into a hug.

"I cannot fathom the fact that you are a werewolf!" I mumbled into his chest. Fred let out a familiar laugh.

"I cannot fathom the fact that you are the superior Alpha's mate!" I knitted my eyebrows in confusion. When Leon explained to me who he was, he said that he was king but Fred seemed to be calling him superior Alpha.

"What's a superior alpha?"

"An alpha of all the alphas in the world. Humans call them kings."

"There is a superior pack which is like a council and it makes sure that werewolves living in the packs are safe. I am the alpha of the superior alpha of the pack, therefore, making me the superior alpha." Leon said joining into the conversation.

"How did you know I was Leon's mate?" I asked, bewildered since I never heard Leon telling them.

"It is the way he looks at you," I glance at Leon, trying to figure out what was weird with the way he looked at me but I came up with nothing. I glanced back to where Fred was standing and noticed he was already halfway down the hallway.

"Take care, Ashley!" I waved bye to him, still pondering over what he meant.

*__________________________*

Hi everyone!

What did you think of this chapter?

Did you expect Fred to be a werewolf?

Vote Goal - 10

Vote, Comment, Follow, Share

TTBMBFF