Epilogue

Seven years had passed since I met Leon. To say things had changed would have been an understatement. Though things had changed for the better. I adjusted my robe and made sure my hat was securely on my head.

I zoned out as they started calling out the names. I moved forward as the line grew shorter and shorter with every beating second.

"Ashley Winslow is awarded a Doctor Of Medicine." I took a deep breath and walked across the stage. While most people might think I was just going to end up becoming a general practitioner, I was intending to specialise in Werewolves. As I shook hands with the guest speaker, I felt a sense of calm over me. I knew that my parents weren't here physically, but I believed they would be happy for me.

As I walked down the stairs, I turned to look towards the audience. Through the entire crowded auditorium, I could easily spot Leon. His gaze watching me intently. There was a small smile on his face, matching my happiness.

To say things had changed would be an understatement. Leon and I were stronger than ever before and the werewolf kingdom had come a long way. Things hadn't been easy, but Leon and I both worked hard to create a peaceful and harmonious community where people would feel safe to live in.

Leon and I had decided to move into an apartment together, once Leon completed his degree. Being Leon's mate, also meant that I always had security around me. I think, Leon had become a little paranoid after the war, but I didn't blame him. As much as we both hated to say it, danger was always lurking in the corner and sometimes, it would catch us off guard and that's the moment we would regret the most.

"Congratulations." Leon wrapper his hands around my waist and hugged me. He pulled back gently to peck on the lips. "I have a surprise for you." I looked around to see that everyone was too busy in their own world to notice us slipping away.

"Where are we going?"

"Somewhere special."

"Mysterious much." I playfully nudged my shoulder against Leon's. "I also have a surprise."

"When can I find out what this surprise is?"

"9 months from now." Leon's stopped walking. I turned around to see shock all over his face. "Are you really pregnant?"

"Yes. I--" Before I could complete my sentence, Leon's interrupted me.

"Marry me."

"What?" I glanced at Leon with shock. 

"My surprise was to take you home and ask you to marry me." Leon got down on one knee and fished in his pocket for a big. When he finally removed the box, he opened the box to reveal a medium sized ring. "Ashley Winslow, would you do me the honor of marrying me?"

"Yes." Leon grinned at my response, as he placed the ring onto my finger.

"We are getting married." I gasped.

"We are having a baby."