Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Beep

Beep

Beep

"Shut up!" I said putting my head under the pillow to block out the sound.

Beep

Beep

"Alright, I am up. Now please just shut up!" I muttered to the annoying sound coming from my phone. I opened eyes and stretched my arm to get my phone form the bedside table. I swiped my screen to make the sound stop.

I sighed and sat up. My sleep was long gone now but my eyes still wanted to close shut. I forcefully opened my eyes and look towards my phone to see the time. 6:00 am it said. A yawn escaped my lips. I climbed out of bed and walked towards my closet to get my clothes for a shower.

***

I opened my mouth to fill it with cornflakes. I chewed on it slowly, taking my time because I still had half an hour left before we started today's activities.

I heard footsteps coming closer to the kitchen. I already knew it was before looking. Yesterday's events were still on my mind. My emotions were still mixed up from last night. I didn't know if I should be scared or-

"Morning." I turned my head sharply at the sound of Leon's voice.

"Morning," I muttered softly and stared down at my bowl that was once filled with cornflakes.

"Ashely I am so sorry about last night. I didn't mean what I said. I was just stressed from work and-" he started to say but was cut off by me.

"Wait you work?" I asked surprised.

"Yes, part-time. Why do you look so surprised? Wait that is not the point, what I am trying to say is that it was wrong of me to say those words. I hope you have big enough heart to forgive me," Leon said in a sincere voice.

I looked up towards him to see him staring at me with pleading eyes. His back was straight and his legs were slightly parted. His hands were entwined together tightly. He was wearing a tight white shirt with a black blazer and blue jeans that fit him perfectly.

"Fine I forgive you but only because I still owe you for yesterday night," I said in a firm voice. I watched his face grow a gentle smile.

"Well then I am glad I accompanied you yesterday night," Leon said in a formal voice.

I stood up from my chair and walked to the sink to wash my bowl.

"Why are you wearing such formal clothes?" I asked.

"What do you mean? Isn't this what everybody wears?" he asked confused. His eyebrows scrunched together confused.

"No, not really. Normal guys wear T-shirts and faded jackets not a shirt and blazer," I said wiping the bowl with a dry cloth.

"So I guess I am not a normal guy," he said. I heard him open a few cupboards. I turned to look back at him to see him pulling out a chair to sit on.

"I'm just saying you will catch a lot of attention unless you want to get all the attention, then you are doing just the right thing," I said staring at Leon as he ate his cereal.

"Why are you jealous?" Leon asked me with an eyebrow raised.

"No I am just looking for you and me actually," I added once I thought about it, "If you get a lot of attention then maybe you will get more friends that will then come into the dorm and make a noise. So I won't be able to study or sleep."

"Maybe I don't need more friends. Have you ever thought of that?"

"Don't you ever feel uncomfortable in these clothes?"