Chapter 9

° Chapter nine °

•••••••••••••••••••

Mae is separating her clothes from the one she still can wear and from the one she can't. Her mom told her to do this because in the future when they arrive at the States she will not need it anymore and luckily she know someone who is accepting some clothes for the poor. While doing it, she stumble on a box, it looks familiar, when she open it her eyes widened and a big smile appear on her face. She lift it up and see the ball gown that she wore at the party almost a month now. She remember her dream too, her one and only dream. A dream that come to life. For once in her life, she became a princess and dance w/ a prince. She may be old, but she still believes in fairytale, her favorite is 'Cinderella and Belle's ' stories. For her, you don't need 'love' or 'fall inlove' to be in a fairytale. Love is just some of the details, like faith, trust, depression, pain, chance.... 'Chance' the word echoes in her mind. She remember what happen to her, what kind of fool she had been. Falling inlove w/ a wrong guy, she's used to it but recently, it was the worst. What will you feel if the one you love always tell you how much he loves you and then you will find that he's saying the exact thing to his ex girlfriend who was once your friend too. Then in the end, they will make you feel that you're the bad guy, that you are the reason why their relationship was ruined. She doesnt know if she will ever give anyone a chance again, even her heart and brain doesnt know the answer. At first some of her friends are on her side telling her that 'everything is gonna be okay' but in the end they vanished like nothing happen. She remember that during those times, Quen will bring a large gallon of ice cream and some chips, eventhough she's lactose intolerant, the two of them will finish it and despite of his busy schedule, he's there to be her shoulder to cry on. She sit down still holding the dress and a tear fall down on it, 'What if the same thing will happen to her in the future, will Quen be still there for her?' , 'What if her husband will have some arguements with her, will he be there to bring some ice cream?' , 'What if she became lonely, will her shoulder to cry on appear and hush her?' , 'What if......' are the two words that are playing inside her mind right now, full of thoughts, sad thoughts. She can't do this, she can't leave him, she just can't ..... she's afraid that a day will come that when she calls him he will just answer 'Who is this?' it will definitely break her. Right now she's being selfish, she wants him for her, she wants him because he is her bestfriend. She wants him because she loves him, 'I love him' she said in a whisper, 'I love him and it hurts.' she said more tears falling down on the dress. She hold the necklace that he gave to her and close her eyes, remembering everything that he said to her, 'You and I. We can do this. We will be together,Forever.' it echoes in her head, then suddenly her phone ring, 'Quenito' appear on the screen, she wipe her tears and answer it. "Hello?" , "Hey Mae ! " , "Hey Quen." her voice is a little faint, "Are you doing something?" he ask, she looks at her clothes, "Wala naman. Nag aayos lang." , "I'm on my way to you. Bihis ka na alis tayo." he said then hung up. "Ayos din yun ah." she said then fix her things immediately. After half an hour she hears the honk of his car, "Mae andito si Enrique!" her older brother yell at her, "Sige. Malapit na ko matapos." she shout back putting on a new shirt. She go down and see Quen on his simple clothes, A black shirt w/ ironman design, dark brown shorts and his black vans, don't forget his red bullcap, his favorite one, Mae gave it to him 5yrs ago. He smile at her and said, "Ready?" she just nod and they head out.

***

"Where are we going anyway?" she ask him, "Sa set. May shooting kami." he stated, "What?! Bakit mo naman ako sinama?" she ask wide eyes, "Because I know that you will love the place." he assured her, "besides, aalis ka na. We should spend more time together." he added w/ a wink. She blush a little then they arrive at the set. She can't believe where they are right now, she get down and look at the place. They're in Enchanted Kingdom. "See, I told yah ! When they told me na dito kami, I immediately drive to your house." he explain to her still her attention is on the place. She never been there, she always wanted to come their, everytime they plan to do it something always happen that they have to cancel it. Its like a miniature of Disneyland. "Let's go?" he said grabbing her hand, she nod. When they got in the first thing she see is the big carousel at the middle, it has two floors, then a mascot, wizard w/ a long beard and pointed hat, approach them then hug the both of them. "Enrique!" a girl calls out and they both turn around, she see Kathryn bernardo and Daniel padilla walking towards them, "Kanina ka pa nila hinahanap pre." daniel said, "Sige pupunta na ko." Then they walk together, hands still on each other.

***

"That's a wrap. Great day guys ! " the director yells out and the crew start packing the stuffs up. Its only 6pm, the fans started to approach their favorite idols, after twenty minutes of fun, Quen approach Mae, he already change clothes. "You ready?" he ask, "Ready for what?" she ask w/ confuse look, "Just come w/ me." he said his hand asking for hers. She look at it and remember her prince charming at the party, she smile then take his hand. They stroll around the amusement part, "What are we doing here? tapos na kayo di ba?" she ask him while looking around and see that only a few people are left. "They rented this place for the whole night upto 12am. And we finished very early, so they allowed to stay till midnight. besides they already pay haha." he said while looking at a standing map thinking what ride is the best, she look around and see that some of the staffs are having fun even the fans are enjoying the place, "Anu gusto mo unang sakyan?" he ask her, she turn around noticing he's talking to her, "Ikaw bahala." she said, "Okay. We still have.." he look at his watch, 6:30pm, "five hours and thirty minutes. We will ride all of these and still have a time to watch the fireworks." he stated to her, she smile at him and nod happily, "Let's do this." he said then grab her hand and they both run away.

***

11:45pm. The clock display at their phones as they look at it. They are now at their last ride, the ferris wheel. Mae see that most of the people are now gathering at the middle to wait for the fireworks, she had fun. For the first time she ride a roller coaster and didn't even scream, she's just holding his hand till the ride stops. She didn't kinda enjoy the anchors away because of some reason. They rode the space shuttle, disk-o magic, ek extreme, rio grande, jungle log, bump cars and a lot more. They even play for a while at the boulderville w/ some of the kids on the set. One of her favorite is the flying fiesta because you really feel like you are flying. She just really loves to be up in the air like what's happening right now at the ferris wheel. 11:55pm. she see at her clock, "Quen. We will be late for the fireworks." she said shaking him up, "Nah! We're just on time." he said then whistle loudly and the ride stop, they are at very top. "Got the best seat." he said w/ a wink again, "Look." he pointed at the sky, mae turn around and see a beautiful design of the firework. Its like a big star but in different colors as it fade away, she's amaze. Quen look at her, he can see that she's very happy that he did a right job. Her eyes illuminate everytime a firework sparks in the air, he likes it. Her face is bright even in the night, he can see her fair skin. He just keep on starring at her, not giving any attention at the fireworks display. He love how she react everytime a display appear in the sky, "its beautiful." she said , "Yes. Very beautiful." he answer back in a soft voice she look at him and see that he's looking at her. She give him a smile and continue to look at the display, thinking that this is her first and last time to be in this place.

***

"Thank you for this wonderful day." Mae said as Quen walk her at the door, "No biggie. I just want you to be happy." he said while brushing his hair. They stare at each other for a while, "So, Good night Enrique." she said w/ a smile, "Good night Mae." he said back and out of the blue he kiss her on the cheek and walk back to the car. She's standing there till the car is no longer to be seen. She touch her cheek and her smile reach her ears. She go inside and run to her room then jump on the bed. She scream at her pillow like a 14-yrs old. Then roll over, "Wow!!!" was the only thing leave out her mouth. Quen arrive at his home as he close the door, he started to dance. Their is no particular step, he is just so happy then Javy appear from the kitchen w/ a glass of milk on his right hand, he scratch his head and said "Hoy! Anung ginagawa mo?" quen turn around, instead to be embarass he run to his brother and hug him, some of the milk spill out of his hand and drop some on the floor, Javy look at him w/ fierce eyes, "Thank you kuya ! As in Thank you." Quen said then he run to his bedroom. Javy wipe the milk and said while going up, "Anu nangayari dun?" he yawn and enter his room just across Quen's room. Quen lay down w/ a smile on his face and the kiss that he gave to Mae in his mind.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N : Please do comment guys. :) And I'm sorry if there are some wrong grammar, I'll fix it soon. :) ! Keep safe. One love y'all ♥ :) !