Chapter 8

° Chapter eight °

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Para ka naman bakla bumato!" Mae shouted out to Javy as he threw the ball at her and it didn't even hit her. Mae,Kat,Javy, and Andi are playing dodgeball at court nearby, so far Mae and Andi are winning. "Eh masakit nga braso ko! Nag saway kami kahapon remember?" Javy said throwing the ball again and the two girls easily dodge it. After few more throws, Kat sit down on the ground and trying to catch her breath, javy run upto her and offer her some water, "Truce!" kath said while raising her hand, "Oh yeah!" the two girls cheer and dance their 'champion dance' while saying "We did it. We did it." . Then they hear honk, they turn around and see a black starex, "Quen!" Andi yell as she run to her brother, Quen welcome her w/ his arms wide open and the others follow. "Hey Kat." he said to her, "Hi Quen" she said back, "Wassup bro. Namiss ka namin." Javy said while doing there handshake, "Ako din bro namiss ko kayo especially this lady here." he said then face to Mae, "Wala ba akong hug dyan?" he ask, Mae punch him at the chest and said, "there's your hug." , "Awww ! Ito naman. Kakauwi ko lang mananakit agad." he said while rubbing his chest. Quen was on Bhutan for two weeks to do some scenes for his upcoming teleserye. She laugh and give him a hug, her heart skips a beat and let go immediately, he blush and so is she. They look at each other, then Andi shout, "Yey ! Pasalubong!" while looking at her brother's things, "Ui wag mo nga galawin yan. Excited ka masyado baby sister ah." he said while messing up w/ her hair, "Eh tara na!" she whine at them, so they hop in and go home. Javy notice something between the two, Quen and Mae, mostly to Quen, he sense that something is really weird, he is not sure what it is but he knows that there is something. "Babe are you okay?" Kat ask wiping the sweat off of his forehead, "Uh yeah. I'm fine. Pagod lang siguro." he answer back.

***

"Nako anak thank you. This is beautiful." Quen's mother said while looking at a beautiful dress he bought for her, "Ui bro thank you ah." Javy said to him, "Ako rin. Thank you." kat added, "Don't forget about me kuya! I love all of these." Andi said while hugging some keychains and a shirt , "Ay nako guys, no need to thank me. That's all for you." Quen said while unpacking his clothes and Mae's helping him, "Ito oh. For your family." Quen hold up some boxes of chocolates and some keychains. "Here for tita Ann too" he add giving her a pretty violet shirt, "Thanks. You sure know what they like." She answer putting the stuffs at a bag that Andi give to her, he's almost unpacking and she notice he's not giving her anything, 'Maybe later' she said in her mind, "Mae what time are going home?" Quen's mom ask, she look at her watch and see its almost 8pm, she didn't notice the time, "Oh yeah tita. Thanks for reminding me. I should go." she said then stand up, "I'll drive you home." javy suggest, "No kuya ako na. Tapos na naman ako dito." Quen said, "Wag na Quen. Mag pahinga ka na lang." mae said to him as she go to the door, but still quen force his decision and said "Ako na." then grab his keys, she just roll her eyes and they head out.

***

On their way to her house, they talked about a lot of things, like 'What is his new Teleserye will be all about?' , 'Will he be going back to bhutan' , and , 'What is his role' . Quen answer all of it in a serious way, when they reach Mae's house, she didn't get out of the car, "Quen?" she ask, "mmmm?" he replied looking for something at the back of his car, "I want to say something." she said playing w/ one of her wristband, "anu yun?" he ask now sitting back again, he's holding a red long box but he doesn't want Mae to see it, not yet. She let out a long breathe and said, "I'm leaving. We're going to the States. Na approve na petition namin." very fast. He just sit there looking at her, but she's not looking back, "Since when did you know this?" he ask, "Couple of weeks ago. Nalaman na to ni Javy, I told him wag sabihin sa'yo, gusto ko ako ang mag sabi. I just haven't found the right time." she explain to him her eyes bore to her fingers, he let out a sigh, "Okay." was the only thing he said, "Okay?" she ask now looking at him w/ confusion, "Yes, 'okay'. I know how much this means to your family, to you. Ayoko din naman maging selfish," he said then laugh a little, "You've been waiting for this since we were a kid, now here it is. You should grab it." he added still looking at her. Stars may be bright during the night, but his eyes are brighter. He shows her the red box, "Here. I've got something for you." she take a look as he open it, its a necklace w/ a star as a pendant, he remove it from the box and lean close to her. "They said, this necklace is one of a kind, the pendant is made from a very special rock, a one of a kind rock. They only have this necklace once every five years because that rock is unique and very hard to find." he said as he put the necklace onto her neck then back away, she hold at it and take a look at it. "Its very beautiful." she said, "yes. yes it is." he said while looking at her but she didn't notice it, "When they told me about that necklace, ikaw agad yung na alala ko." he stated, "Me? why me?" she ask starring at him, "Because you're like the rock. You are one of a kind person. A very hard to find and you're unique. That's why I'm really happy that you're my bestfriend." he said to her in his very calm,sweet voice. She didn't blush but she feels a warm feeling inside of her, she couldn't help but smile, then he hold her hand, their fingers entwined, "You and I. We can do this." he said pertaining to what she said earlier, "Distance are just numbers, it can't stop us from being together." he added while raising their hands, "We will be together" he said and stares at her as she did the same, "Forever" he add up.

***

Mae is brushing her long, curly hair. She just took a quick shower, while brushing it infront of the mirror, she stare at the necklace and remember everything. She smile all by herself then someone knocks on her door and it was her mom, she get in and stand behind her daughter, grabbing the brush and do the rest. "Did you already said to Quen about leaving?" she ask, "Yes mom. Actually I just told him that earlier." , "Anu naman reaction nya?" , "He was very happy about it." she said w/ a small smile, "Bakit iha? may problema ba?" her mom ask her noticing her faint smile, she let out a sigh and look at her mom thru the mirror, "I don't know. Parang ang lungkot ko lang. I mean, yeah I'm happy about this but, parang meron pang iba eh." she explain w/ sadness in her eyes, "Si Quen ba yun anak? Ayaw mo siyang iwan?" her mom ask her like she's reading her mind, mae just nod, "Oh Iha. He'll understand it. I know he will." she explain to her daughter then kiss her in the head, before she head out mae called her, "Ma?" , "Yes dear?" , "I'm inlove w/ him." she stated, her mom smile and and said , "I know anak." then close the door behind her. She lay down on her bed holding at the necklace and try to clear her mind.

***

"See bro ! I told you I can still beat you!" Quen said to javy while putting down the controller. They're playing tekken at their ps2, "pffft. Tsamba lang yun." Javy said back fixing their game while Quen is organizing their cds. "Bro can I ask you something?" javy ask, "Sure." Quen replied now sitting at the couch, javy breathe in and blurted out, "Is there something between you and Mae?" he ask it in a nice and curious way. Quen eyes widen and ask, "huh?! Dude we are bestfriends. Bakit mo naman natanung yan." javy look at him and said, "Ayokong mangialam pero," he sit down beside his brother, "you can tell me everything bro. Wag mo na itago. I've been there, I know if there is something." he explain w/ his hand on Quen's shoulder. He look at Javy and see a concern swimming in his eyes, "Okay." quen said then let out a sigh, "I think I'm inlove w/ Mae." he said to his brother, "Sabi ko na nga ba!" Javy shouted and slap his brother in the shoulder, but he notice that he's not smiling, "Is there something botherin' you?" he ask quen, "Its just that, I don't think she likes me too. I mean you know, she looks at me as a friend only and nothing more while me, I'm sitting here feeling more than that, wanting to be more than that. I loved girls before, but this time, its different, very different. " he stated, javy put his arm around his younger brother and said, "Alam mo bro, hindi lahat ng nakikita natin sa mga mata ay totoo, maybe for you ang pinapakita nya sa'yo ay friends lang kayo pero deep down she wants also to be more than that, same thing applies to her, what if she also likes you, pero ang tingin nya ang gusto mo ay as friends lang din. What I want you to do is to take it to the next level, tru asking her out. You know what I mean." javy give him a lecture, "Bro, aalis na siya. How can I do that? I can't even stop thinking about that." Quen said, "See dun pa lang bro. That's the sign, she'll leave soon so you should do it." javy stated then leave his brother to think, he lay down at their couch and grab his cellphone.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••