Chapter 7

° Chapter seven °

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Its been three days since the party. Today is the last day of Quen's shooting. He's very happy and very hyper, his fans were very surprise. He even dance and sing infront of them w/ no apparent reason but they didn't mind it because they love it, of course, who wouldn't love to see their idol do it. He said his goodbye to them and kiss them in the cheek. He went to see Mae. She's at home washing their clothes, she has her earphones on and the music is too loud that she didn't notice that he already arrive. The song is 'One thing by One direction', she's dancing at the beat, while dancing, Quen is just behind her watching her w/ a smile painted at his face, then he tap her in the shoulder and she turn around. She slip a little but Quen quickly grab arms and she kinda fall on him but he manage to balance their weight. She look up and see a pair of hazelnut brown eyes, remembering what see saw at the party, she quickly back off. She see that its Quen, "Oh ! ikaw pala." she said while wiping her hands at her lamb of God shirt to remove the soaps. "Bakit may inaasahan ka ba?" he ask playing w/ the water, "Wala ah. Sinu naman nasa isip mo?" she answer and ask to him, "Hmmm I don't know, maybe you know, your date at the party." he said still playing w/ it and not making any eye contact. She put her hands on hips and said, "Kaya ka ba andito para pag sabihan ako about dun?!" her tone was a little high, he now look at her, "Ui hindi ah. Nagtatampo nga ako sa'yo kasi you didn't even say 'Hi' to me." he stated while remembering his moment w/ her, Mae sit down and said ,"sorry naman. umuwi ako ng maaga eh. Napagod ako bigla." She remember the time when she ran out to the rain because of someone that made her happy just for once. She now imagine if she will ever see him again, she's starring straight causing Quen to follow her gaze, he doesn't see anything so he clap infront of her eyes and said, "Hoy ! Nakakalunod ang pag iisip ng malalim." and laugh a little. Mae blink twice and look at him, he smile like the Joker,it kinda irritates her so she shove him and stand up but he grab his hand, she turn around and they stare at each other, then he let go when he suddenly feel that he's blushing, "Go change. Intayin kita dito." , "Bakit? Where are we going?" she ask, "Wala lang. I'll treat you." he said while brushing his hair, she just nod and head to her room. He's sitting at their living room when he notice a picture, two kids on the beach, the young boy is carrying the young girl at his back.

*FLASHBACK*

"I told you to cut it out." Quen yell at Mae who's keep on throwing sands to him using a small,plastic shovel. "Neeeever !!!!" she yell and continue to throw. "Oh you ask for it!" he said then charge at her, she run away from him. They're running around, then she hide behind a small boat, he didn't see her so when he's back is face at her, she jump above him and playfully pull his hair, "Ugh! get down!" he yell, "No ! Make me!" she yell back in his ear, then both of their mother arrive and is taking picture of the view, they notice the two fooling around so they take the picture.

*REALITY*

'Good ol' Times' he said to hisself, "What good ol' times?" she ask from behind causing him to put the frame down, "Nothing." he refused at her, she look at the desk and pick up the picture, she smile while starring at it, "I can still smell the sea everytime I look at this picture. This was our first outing together." she said, "Oo. And I can still feel the sands in my ears." he joke at her, she put down the picture and said, "Tara na." then they head out.

***

"I'm full ! " he said while patting his tummy and giving mae a weird smile. She just roll her eyes. While walking at the sea side, a group consisting of three boys and two girls approach them, "Hi Enrique!" said by the tall boy who's wearing a red striped shirt, "pwede kami mag papicture?" he ask, "Yeah sure! No problem." Quen replied while positioning, Mae step aside and look at them, she stare at him and let out a small smile. She notice something, something weird, Quen looks like the guy she danced w/ at the party just w/out a mask. 'No. He can't be it.' she said in her mind, then one of the girl took her attention away from Quen when she said, "Pwede po kami makisuyo?" giving their cameras to her, she nod and take the pictures. "Thank you! Thank you! " the group said to the both of them and walk away. On there way to the car, Quen ask her, "Bakit ka nga pala hindi pumasok? Di ba may school ka ngayon?" , "Wala kasi halos mga profs namin. Isa lang din minor ko kaya maaga ako nakauwi." she lied to him, "Oh. Kaya pala. " were the only words that he said. They arrive at the car and they drive off. Mae notice that Quen is quiet, so she ask him, "Ui Quenito ! Are you okay? Kanina ka pa tahimik." , "Huh?! ako? Haha hindi ah. Siguro dahil sa pagod to." , "Eh bakit ka pa kasi pumunta sa bahay? Should've just rest." she stated, "Well, uh, wala lang. I just want to visit you." he said, "Bakit naman? halos every week nag kikita tayo. Everyday nag tetext tayo." she explain to him, "Bakit ba matanung ka?" he said to her, of course for Quen, those things aren't enough, as much as possible he wants to see and be with her especially now that he knows what he really feels for her, "OA mo naman dude!" she laugh at him, then out of the blue she ask him, "Musta nga pala yung date mo? And don't tell me 'it was fine' ! I want an elaborate answer." she demanded to him. "Okay. You want to know what really happened?" he ask her and she just nod w/ a big smile on her face like a six yrs. old child. He sigh and starts to tell the story, "So I ask Julia to the dance because....." , "because what?" , "wag mo na alamin. So I ask her out and yeah, we dance. That's it." he said, "That's it?! You were with her the whole night and 'thats it? Oh come on! " mae said to him hitting him at the arm, "Aray ! She's with her friends and ganun din ako. Besides, she and enchong kinda end up together." he said, "Eh ikaw?" she ask, ni response from him, "Hmmmm selos ka no!" she joke at him, "Hoy hindi ah! Bakit naman ako mag seselos eh may......" he said stopping at the end, "eh may anu?!?! Ituloy mo! " she whined at him, "Wag na! Just forget it." he said making a turn at the corner, "May nakilala ka dun no?" she ask curiously, no response, from him, "I knew it! Do I know her? Do you know her name? C'mon say it." she ask to him while slapping his arm and shoulder. 'Of course I know her because she's my bestfriend' he said to his mind, "Yes and stop that ! Ang kulit mo ah." he scold at her, she sit back and became quiet. Then she ask, "Do you like her?" there is something in her tone, He pull over and look at her, she's not making any eye contact, "Maybe. I don't know. but one thing I'm sure of, ay kung anu man ang nararamdaman ko sakaniya, totoo yun." He said looking straightly at her. She look at his eyes, lean closer, she can feel his breath then pull down his left ear, "Ayan ang drama mo na naman!" she said then back off, He blush a little but she didn't notice because its dark in here, he rub his ear and said, "I'm not being dramatic!" . She just laugh but deep down her feeling is different, "Sige na. I have to go." she said and get out of the car. "Good night!" he said and wave, she did the same thing. He waits for her to get inside then drive off.

***

Mae is done w/ her quick shower, she wear a light pink pair of pajamas and fall down on the bed. She recall what Quen told her, about the girl that he like, 'Who is she?' she ask in her head, she's feeling something inside, is this jealousy? No, its pain, sadness. She roll over and face the wall, 'Why? Why am I feeling like this?' she ask herself, she shake her head and said, 'No Mae! Hindi yun tama! Bakit ka nag kakaganyan?! Umayos ka nga!' She scold at herself, she wonders why is she feeling that way, why is she so affected, then she realize something, she sit-up and brush her hair away from her face, 'Im inlove with him. I'm inlove with Quen. I'm inlove with my bestfriend.' she falls down again, she can't believe it, all this time, its the feeling that she felt since the day he asked if they can be bestfriend, she smile but her smile didn't last long and turn into a frown, 'Why? Why now?' she said, she remembers that she's leaving, she sigh and cover her face w/ her spongebob pillow and fall asleep. On the other side, Quen is still wide awake and keep on thinking what Mae just did. He's smiling then grab his phone and look at the their picture togther, it was a stolen one, they were playing newspaper dance at their birthday, yes they have the same birthdate, at the picture, theh were close at each other, she's hugging him and he's hugging her, he stare at it for a while until he fall asleep.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sorry if it take too long guys. but I thank you for having patience :) :* ! The story might end on chapter 15 or not I'm not sure, basta I'll keep on writing :) ! Keep safe always. One love y'all ♥ !