Chapter 3

° Chapter three °

•••••••••••••••••••••••

The rain falls on their metal roof. Enrique trace the running drops at their window w/ a blank expression on his face. "Nako bro! Walang magagawa yang pag dadrama mo dyan." javy said while texting, Quen lean his forehead at the window and give out a little groan, "Hanggang anung oras ba yan mag iinarte?" mae ask javy, he just shook his head and go out. "Quen come on! There's a lot of other things that we can do, we can plan this another time." andi said to her big brother, "Ehhhhhhhhhhh!" was the only answer of him, "Oh come on!! Let's just watch another movie, or play some board games or your dance revo. And Let's say we will go, do you really think na papayag si Tita?" Mae explained, he just started to slam his head at the window, "Ugh ! Come on Andi. Magigising din yan." mae said then she and andi leave Quen. They were planning to go to the Enchanted Kingdom today but then the heavy rain woke them up. They were eating brunch when Enrique go down, he sit and put down his head on the table. "No head on the table." his mom said then lift his head and put down his food, they were laughing at, "Anu nakakatawa?" he ask them, "Yung mukha mo." javy joke him then laugh again, "Ha-Ha-Ha" Quen said sarcastically, "Enough you guys." Mae said.

They're playing some video games when Mae's phone ring, "Excuse me" she said to them. After a minute she came back and said "Hey guys, I uh ,I have to leave early. Mom called. May dapat daw pag-usapan." , "Is she alright?" quen ask, "Yeah they're fine. she's fine. We just need to talk about something." she said smiling, "okay I'll just get my keys. Meet you outside." Quen said. Mae said her goodbye to them and then go home.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"So tuloy ba tayo sa Friday?" Quen ask her, "Hmmmm don't know yet. Alam mo naman na busy tayong dalawa eh." she answer back, "Pffft. Kelan ka pa naging busy?" , "I'm a student and you're not. So please don't judge me." mae said. Quen mimic her w/ facial expression, "Jerk" Mae mumble, "Bitch" Quen said, then she hit him in the chest, he punch her in the arm, "Ow ! Masakit ah !" she yell "masakit din ginawa mo!" he yell back, "Oh shut up!" She said then slap him again.

"Hey ! Anu yun pag uusapan?" Mae ask her mom, when she got home she just look at her and said, "Seat down Mae." . What her mother said to her shock her made her eyes wide open. She wasn't expecting that. She go outside and seat on the ground, she look at the sky and see some stars. She remember what she told Quen when they were a child.

*Flashback*

"Wag ka na umiyak ! Nandito naman ako eh." 9yrs. old Enrique said to the crying 7yrs. old Mae. Her parents were fighting again, yelling at each other, she can't stand it so she ran away and go to his house. Quen's brushing her and humming a 'Hey Jude' . Mae look at her and ask "Akala ko ba mahal nila isat isa? eh why are they fighting? When you love someone you should not fight di ba? pero sila iba." , "When people love each other, they fight. Di ba ikaw naman pag may ginawa kang kasalanan pinapagalitan ka ni tita anna? she did that because she loves you. Maybe may ginawang kasalanan father mo kaya pinagalitan siya ni tita." he explained to her. She raise her head and wipe her tears, "Pag ako nag mahal, I will not hurt him. I don't want to hurt someone." , "Ikaw talaga! bata pa tayo. Enjoy lang tayo muna." he said while pinching her nose. He put his arm around her and said "Pero pag may nanakit sa'yo, sabihin mo lang sakin. Aawayin ko yun." , "Panu pag wala ka nun? Panu pag malayo ka sakin nun?" she ask, "Just think of me then look at the stars. And always remember that I'm looking back at you." he said. Mae look up and ask, "do you think the person that will marry me is also looking at those stars right now?" , enrique laugh and said, "Why would you ask that? " , "Nothing. just askin " she answer then bury her head to his chest, "Yes. Yes he is." Quen answer her in a whisper. "don't leave me okay?" she said in a sad voice, "okay" he said, "promise?" , "I promise." He said.

*reality*

Mae is still looking at the stars and give a out a sigh, she hug her knees and started to cry a little, they made a promise at each other, but she's here right now crying, knowing that that promise will be broken soon. She wipe her tears and look at the stars one more time before going to bed.

"Quen get in. Malamok na masyado." Javy yell at him. "I'll be there in a sec." he yell back while looking at the stars, he sigh. He feel something bad is gonna happen, but he's wishin he's wrong. He get up and go to sleep.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••